19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Super on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:20 am

Everton boss Roberto Martinez on winger Christian Atsu, who has signed on a season-long loan from Chelsea: "Christian can develop unforgettable memories at Everton and we hope at the end of this 10-month period he is a better player.
"I expect a bit of an adaptation period because he has not played in the Premier League, how long that is going to be is impossible to tell.
"Physically he is in a good moment and it is more about just giving him the time to adapt. The way he played in the World Cup with Ghana, the way he adapted to the conditions in Brazil, I am confident his adaptation period will be short."


Christian Atsu is up now at the Evertonnews conference and the softly-spoken winger says he is proud to have joined the club.
"It is a really good move for me because they play good football and are a hard-working team. They also have a great coach with fantastic fans.
"This is my first season in the Premier League and it is a really high level or me. It is a big opportunity to prove myself."


Last edited by Super on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:35 am

Super wrote:Everton boss Roberto Martinez on winger Christian Atsu, who has signed on a season-long loan from Chelsea: "Christian can develop unforgettable memories at Everton and we hope at the end of this 10-month period he is a better player.
"I expect a bit of an adaptation period because he has not played in the Premier League, how long that is going to be is impossible to tell.
"Physically he is in a good moment and it is more about just giving him the time to adapt. The way he played in the World Cup with Ghana, the way he adapted to the conditions in Brazil, I am confident his adaptation period will be short."


Christian Atsu is up now at the Evertonnews conference and the softly-spoken winger says he is proud to have joined the club.
"It is a really good move for me because they play good football and are a hard-working team. They also have a great coach with fantastic fans.
"This is my first season in the Premier League and it is a really high level or me. It is a big opportunity to prove myself."




Read somewhere that he is described in Ghana as the Ghanian Messi!    I like that!
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  sefton on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:Everton boss Roberto Martinez on winger Christian Atsu, who has signed on a season-long loan from Chelsea: "Christian can develop unforgettable memories at Everton and we hope at the end of this 10-month period he is a better player.
"I expect a bit of an adaptation period because he has not played in the Premier League, how long that is going to be is impossible to tell.
"Physically he is in a good moment and it is more about just giving him the time to adapt. The way he played in the World Cup with Ghana, the way he adapted to the conditions in Brazil, I am confident his adaptation period will be short."


Christian Atsu is up now at the Evertonnews conference and the softly-spoken winger says he is proud to have joined the club.
"It is a really good move for me because they play good football and are a hard-working team. They also have a great coach with fantastic fans.
"This is my first season in the Premier League and it is a really high level or me. It is a big opportunity to prove myself."




Read somewhere that he is described in Ghana as the Ghanian Messi!    I like that!


Seems everyone we are buying is a Ronaldo wannabe or a messi ,Henen if he joins has been likened to Ronaldo, now a Ghanian Messi
we will soon be world beaters. cheers
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:11 am

sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:Everton boss Roberto Martinez on winger Christian Atsu, who has signed on a season-long loan from Chelsea: "Christian can develop unforgettable memories at Everton and we hope at the end of this 10-month period he is a better player.
"I expect a bit of an adaptation period because he has not played in the Premier League, how long that is going to be is impossible to tell.
"Physically he is in a good moment and it is more about just giving him the time to adapt. The way he played in the World Cup with Ghana, the way he adapted to the conditions in Brazil, I am confident his adaptation period will be short."


Christian Atsu is up now at the Evertonnews conference and the softly-spoken winger says he is proud to have joined the club.
"It is a really good move for me because they play good football and are a hard-working team. They also have a great coach with fantastic fans.
"This is my first season in the Premier League and it is a really high level or me. It is a big opportunity to prove myself."




Read somewhere that he is described in Ghana as the Ghanian Messi!    I like that!


Seems everyone we are buying is a Ronaldo wannabe or a messi ,Henen if he joins has been likened to Ronaldo, now a Ghanian Messi
we will soon be world beaters. cheers


Atsu scored on his debut for Ghana in 2012 and featured in the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year.
Having begun his football education at the Feyenoord Academy in Ghana, Atsu was signed by then Porto coach Andres Villas-Boas in 2010.
He was immediately loaned out to fellow Portuguese side Rio Ave.
Two goals in his first four outings for Ghana earned him the nickname the 'Ghanaian Messi'.    cheers 
Atsu was quick, however, to play down any comparisons with the Argentine.
He told BBC Sport last Septemeber: "Messi is my idol. There's no Ghanaian Messi, there is no other Messi in this world."
"I can never play even 1% of what Messi is doing. It's impossible."
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:25 am

Asked about his long-term future at Chelsea, Atsu said: “I can't tell you the future. 
"I don't know how long it will take to get back to Chelsea but right now I am really focused on Everton and at the end of the season we will see.”
“Looking at the players Chelsea have, my game time would be not much. So Everton is a really good club and I am here to work hard and help the team.
“I had possibilities to go elsewhere but I chose Everton.”


Has he been bitten already, does he want to stay  Shocked 


Once a Ghanaian   Always a blue eh  cheers
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6984
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  sefton on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:36 am

Blueberto wrote:Asked about his long-term future at Chelsea, Atsu said: “I can't tell you the future. 
"I don't know how long it will take to get back to Chelsea but right now I am really focused on Everton and at the end of the season we will see.”
“Looking at the players Chelsea have, my game time would be not much. So Everton is a really good club and I am here to work hard and help the team.
“I had possibilities to go elsewhere but I chose Everton.”


Has he been bitten already, does he want to stay  Shocked 


Once a Ghanaian   Always a blue eh  cheers

He can't really say that yet, nor can Martinez, If he enjoys his football and helps the team, the fans will make it known ONE WAY OR ANOTHER IF HE SHOULD STAY.

#Imwt
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Statman on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

Blueberto wrote:Asked about his long-term future at Chelsea, Atsu said: “I can't tell you the future. 
"I don't know how long it will take to get back to Chelsea but right now I am really focused on Everton and at the end of the season we will see.”
“Looking at the players Chelsea have, my game time would be not much. So Everton is a really good club and I am here to work hard and help the team.
“I had possibilities to go elsewhere but I chose Everton.”


Has he been bitten already, does he want to stay  Shocked 


Once a Ghanaian   Always a blue eh  cheers

He hasn't said that Everton were his boyhood club. Get rid!
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 1:30 pm

Statman wrote:
Blueberto wrote:Asked about his long-term future at Chelsea, Atsu said: “I can't tell you the future. 
"I don't know how long it will take to get back to Chelsea but right now I am really focused on Everton and at the end of the season we will see.”
“Looking at the players Chelsea have, my game time would be not much. So Everton is a really good club and I am here to work hard and help the team.
“I had possibilities to go elsewhere but I chose Everton.”


Has he been bitten already, does he want to stay  Shocked 


Once a Ghanaian   Always a blue eh  cheers

He hasn't said that Everton were his boyhood club. Get rid!
Excellent point. Who the feck does he think he is?!
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Merseyblue on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm

Welcome to the club. May your stay be very successful!  Very Happy 
avatar
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 35
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Super on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm

Christian Atsu can flourish for Everton in the second half of the season after fully adapting to the Premier League, predicts Roberto Martinez.

The on-loan winger has struggled to make an impact so far, starting just one league game and only providing Blues fans with fleeting glimpses of his potential from the bench.

But Martinez believes the 22-year-old, who he signed from Chelsea in the summer after being impressed with his displays for Ghana at the World Cup, will justify his faith once he becomes accustomed to the physical rigours of the English top flight.

Atsu joined Chelsea in summer 2013 but spent all of last term on loan at Dutch club Vitesse, and the Toffees boss urged fans to be patient with him.

He said: “We need to give him a little bit of time to adapt to the physicality of the Premier League just like any player but especially a winger. In other leagues referees allow less contact and they are a bit more protected.

“But I think the way he has adapted to the way we want to play so far has been impressive. He’s an intelligent footballer.

“It’s just making sure I can give him the right introduction to his role. With the minutes he’s had so far in the Europa League and other games he’s done well.

“I expect him to be himself in the second half of the season and he can be a very important player for us.

To be left-footed in that wing position with a real penetrative edge like he has can give you a big advantage.”

With Kevin Mirallas likely to miss the next four weeks as he recovers from a torn hamstring, Atsu might hope for further opportunities to show what he can do on the flanks.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:36 pm

Sounds like the second half of the season we are going to be fucking boss. Good job since we will probably be 20 points adrift at the bottom of the table by then.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:46 pm

He's starting to remind me of Shaun Wright Philips
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm

Atsu has been shite so far, so I suppose he can only get better
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Armchair on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 8:06 pm

Super wrote:Atsu might hope for further opportunities to show what he can do on the flanks.

Fuck all, it would appear.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:47 am

Fit again, just in time to feck off to the African nations. As a loan signing, ranks alongside Traore last season.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  sefton on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:50 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Fit again, just in time to feck off to the African nations.  As a loan signing, ranks alongside Traore last season.  


We won't miss him Hairy, He's a little Richard the 3rd. cheers
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:53 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Fit again, just in time to feck off to the African nations.  As a loan signing, ranks alongside Traore last season.  

Actually forget we had him
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:05 am

Our wingers:

Mirallas - made of glass, wants out, big headed twat, good player
McGeady - waste of space, liability, fat cunt
Atsu - shite, off to African Nations Cup anyway
Pienaar - old, past it, injured anyway

Without our wingers, our full backs are fucked. Without our full backs, we have no attacking threat.

Doomed.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:32 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Our wingers:

Mirallas - made of glass, wants out, big headed twat, good player
McGeady - waste of space, liability, fat cunt
Atsu - shite, off to African Nations Cup anyway
Pienaar - old, past it, injured anyway

Without our wingers, our full backs are fucked.  Without our full backs, we have no attacking threat.

Doomed.
so do you think that foofoo made the difference last season?
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:43 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Our wingers:

Mirallas - made of glass, wants out, big headed twat, good player
McGeady - waste of space, liability, fat cunt
Atsu - shite, off to African Nations Cup anyway
Pienaar - old, past it, injured anyway

Without our wingers, our full backs are fucked.  Without our full backs, we have no attacking threat.

Doomed.
so do you think that foofoo made the difference last season?

Pieman was still able to make a huge contribution last season, and FooFoo was fantastic at times coming off the bench. Mirallas was committed to the club too, not angling for a transfer. Essentially, from last season, only McGready is the player that he was…. fucking shite.

Of course, it's not just about the wingers. Distin has shot his bolt, Barry has shot his bolt, Luka is the player he was at the end of last season rather than one we borrowed at the start of the season, Baines is either played out of position or with nobody alongside him, thus rendering him ineffective, Jags was given too long off after the world cup shambles and has had injury problems, Coleman has lost confidence or is being told not to bomb on or has not found any space due to our ponderous approach work, McCarthy has been injured and, according to rumours, also wants out, Nais continues to run around very hard but even he is struggling. Barkley.. fuck knows what's happened to him, I can see him ending up as one of those "what the fuck went wrong for him…" players.

The common denominator is Martinez. You slagged him from the start, but I was always hugely behind him Sacko. All I can say now is, to quote a 606 legend…

Wigan.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:47 pm

Two goals for Ghana tonight in ACON Q-Final. Might come back with a bit of confidence then. (our a hamstring injury)

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:40 am

Bluejagz wrote:Two goals for Ghana tonight in ACON Q-Final. Might come back with a bit of confidence then. (our a hamstring injury)


or

chelsea will recall him , cos we ain't playing him
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6984
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:44 am

Blueberto wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Two goals for Ghana tonight in ACON Q-Final. Might come back with a bit of confidence then. (our a hamstring injury)


or

chelsea will recall him , cos we ain't playing him
I wish they would... he's fucking rubbish
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 1:50 pm

Player of the Tournament for the ACON.

He'll be like a new signing when he gets back.
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Super on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 1:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Player of the Tournament for the ACON.

He'll be like a new signing when he gets back.

Or we will get the shitsu player back we had before he jetted off for the ACON.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19. Christian Atsu - Everloan strikes again

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum