Sunderland 1 Everton 1 (Baines-pen)

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Re: Sunderland 1 Everton 1 (Baines-pen)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Dire dreary dross.

Wickham should have been off. Although Howard didn't handle it, I think that may constitute obstruction.

Does Lukaku now think he has to try and hold the ball up/lay it off, every time it comes near him?
Every touch he has is with the back to the goal. Except for the one time when he ran with the ball thanks to a Sunderland back pass. Which he messed up on anyway. He needs to be benched - simple as that.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66449
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:55 pm

I'm sick of hearing how Luka is learning from Eto'o - it's Naismith he needs to learn from. Everyone wrote Nais off, but he just kept working at his game and, once he was given a chance in a position that suited him, he's been sensational. His work rate, his positional sense, his clever runs, his finishing - Luka should be studying everything he does.

The only hope I have for Luka is that he's being played in the wrong system - he should be facing the opposition and running at them, not a hold up/link up man with his back to goal. Problem is, Bobby's system doesn't seem to allow for that.

Whatever, he's by far our weakest forward, unless you count Kone. Drop him, and use him as an impact sub to run at tiring defences.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23757

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:34 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I'm sick of hearing how Luka is learning from Eto'o - it's Naismith he needs to learn from.  Everyone wrote Nais off, but he just kept working at his game and, once he was given a chance in a position that suited him, he's been sensational. His work rate, his positional sense, his clever runs, his finishing - Luka should be studying everything he does.

The only hope I have for Luka is that he's being played in the wrong system - he should be facing the opposition and running at them, not a hold up/link up man with his back to goal. Problem is, Bobby's system doesn't seem to allow for that.

Whatever, he's by far our weakest forward, unless you count Kone.  Drop him, and use him as an impact sub to run at tiring defences.
Which he, of course, won't do... Mad

He needs to be dropped, no doubt. The only drawback is that both Nais and Eto'o are more of a hole-player. Hence, it's unclear (to me at least) how effective they would be, but it sure must be worth a shot.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:41 pm

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "Happy to confirm that it's not the broken leg we were worried about with Gareth Barry. There is ankle ligament damage we must assess."
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23757

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:I'm sick of hearing how Luka is learning from Eto'o - it's Naismith he needs to learn from.  Everyone wrote Nais off, but he just kept working at his game and, once he was given a chance in a position that suited him, he's been sensational. His work rate, his positional sense, his clever runs, his finishing - Luka should be studying everything he does.

Whatever, he's by far our weakest forward, unless you count Kone.  Drop him, and use him as an impact sub to run at tiring defences.
Which he, of course, won't do...  Mad

He needs to be dropped, no doubt. The only drawback is that both Nais and Eto'o are more of a hole-player. Hence, it's unclear (to me at least) how effective they would be, but it sure must be worth a shot.

Bringing him off the bench was how west brom used him best. Maybe start him in Europe but use him as a sub in the league until his form improves.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 5:24 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "Happy to confirm that it's not the broken leg we were worried about with Gareth Barry. There is ankle ligament damage we must assess."
For me that tackle was every bit as bad and deliberate as Goofy's achilles specialty.
2 should have been off. the tackle and the pen.
Howard's body save was very good quick thinking. He didn't lay on it to long to constitute any infringement. Mind you he should have put his laces through it.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5945
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm

And Swansea beat Arsenal, which further proves how unfortunate our slip ups are. With some "decent" results, we could have (easily) been top 4.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:And Swansea beat Arsenal, which further proves how unfortunate our slip ups are. With some "decent" results, we could have (easily) been top 4.

Very frustrating. Without Sanchez Arsenal would be down below Liverpool. Two good goals from Swansea. Knocked the stuffing out of Arsenal. Everytime it looks like we are going to kick on, we come up with another flat performance. The only positive is we aren't losing but need to start a winning run. Could easily be 4th at this stage.

Number of posts : 26871
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:And Swansea beat Arsenal, which further proves how unfortunate our slip ups are. With some "decent" results, we could have (easily) been top 4.
True. It's been a strange old season. We've had a very poor start but had we won at home to Swansea and today at the Mackems we would be 4th.
Statman

Number of posts : 7061
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 7:09 pm

Maybe kone the will start in the next game Wink

Can we take it as a, small, positive that we've won in Europe and then taken a point? Beats everyone else who is in Europe (I think)

For once glad of the international break to assess our walking wounded. I also hope it's making Bobby and Bill realise are shad needs more recruits
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

View user profile http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:WTF !!!!>>>>>>>>>>.. KONE on the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

affraid affraid affraid affraid
I am not sure I believe it.

Count the number of subs we have.

Sorry for the poor practical joke.

lol!
Statman

Number of posts : 7061
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 12:02 am

That 2-2 Arsenal draw looks interesting for both us and them.
Wenger's would turn inside out.
Still all to play for.
One of the most interesting seasons for many a year.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5945
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 8:48 am

Another game were ''Lukaku'' for all his talk is simply not good enough on the performances of late , both McGeady & Barkley have been very poor,
With the International break this coming weekend, Its a chance for Mirralas to return and hopefully give us some bite in attack.

Romelu Lukaku needs to be told stop wasting energy running around and chasing shadows, he's a goal poacher and he should stay with the last defender, not running around like a headless chicken.

We can't afford to drop Lukaku until a miracle happens and Kone suddenly appears fit.
we don't have many out and out strikers
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9401
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13