Southampton v Everton @ St Marys 20/12/2014

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Re: Southampton v Everton @ St Marys 20/12/2014

Post  The President on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 6:45 pm

Super wrote:Oh and one other thing about the game today, our fans were rubbish. Hardly made any noise all game apart from the opening 15mins. Didn't help that the team were shit, but it I wasn't Sat in th  black next to them wouldn't have known they were there.

To be fair I think they had the stuffing knocked out of them. Long way to go to watch that rubbish
Did hear them singing at the end of the game.
The President

Number of posts : 11530
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:13 pm

The President wrote:
Super wrote:Oh and one other thing about the game today, our fans were rubbish. Hardly made any noise all game apart from the opening 15mins. Didn't help that the team were shit, but it I wasn't Sat in th  black next to them wouldn't have known they were there.

To be fair I think they had the stuffing knocked out of them. Long way to go to watch that rubbish
Did hear them singing at the end of the game.
"In the bleak midwinter"?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5945
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:50 pm

Gar but needs to play vs stoke, at least we might look dangerous from corners

We all knew. Seeing the line up, we had no balance again
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

View user profile http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 10:34 am

fucking disgrace
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33601
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:14 am

In the cold light of day, utter shit. A mixture of terrible defending and incompetent management.

No subs. WTF.

Our better players will be on the phone to their agents as we speak. I'm a footballer, get me out of here.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23757

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:In the cold light of day, utter shit. A mixture of terrible defending and incompetent management.  

No subs. WTF.

Our better players will be on the phone to their agents as we speak.  I'm a footballer, get me out of here.
There is definitely something not right about the club right now. Whether it's Barkley or Mc Carthy on their way out, who knows, but it's not all what it seems. No smiles after the 3 goals against QPR.....
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5945
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:20 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:In the cold light of day, utter shit. A mixture of terrible defending and incompetent management.  

No subs. WTF.

Our better players will be on the phone to their agents as we speak.  I'm a footballer, get me out of here.
There is definitely something not right about the club right now. Whether it's Barkley or Mc Carthy on their way out, who knows, but it's not all what it seems. No smiles after the 3 goals against QPR.....

My guess is some players want away from the club, Its anyone's guess who that could be, with no money to spend in January, Martinez has his biggest challenge to date on his hands since Wigan got relegated.

Don't know about anyone else but the football has been shit all season, that includes Europa, We have lost the ability to hold the ball up and attack, we look nervous against the poor teams let alone those challenging the league.

Martinez needs to grow a pair and very quickly, his soft hand approach is not inspiring enough , we look to have lost the passion to win.
Martinez needs a stronger character as number 2,who ever is number 2 Jones I think? He needs to get rid of and bring in someone to put the fear of god up the team.
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9401
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:31 am

Sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

No subs. WTF.

My guess is some players want away from the club, Its anyone's guess who that could be, with no money to spend in January, Martinez has his biggest challenge to date on his hands since Wigan got relegated.

Don't know about anyone else but the football has been shit all season, that includes Europa, We have lost the ability to hold the ball up and attack, we look nervous against the poor teams let alone those challenging the league.

Martinez needs to grow a pair and very quickly, his soft hand approach is not inspiring enough , we look to have lost the passion to win.
Martinez needs a stronger character as number 2,who ever is number 2 Jones I think? He needs to get rid of and bring in someone to put the fear of god up the team.

Agree.  I think some players are really complacent now.  The likes of Baines and Coleman are being told they're the best full back in the league.  Right now they're not even the best full backs in the team. Luka just looks like a fat journeyman playing out his last days, as does McGreedy. Others are just too old.  Barry is past it, Pienaar - vitally, because of his previous link-up with Baines - is past it, Distin is past it. Recently, only Besic and Naismith have deserved to wear the blue shirt.

Weird thing is, in hindsight, we'd have been better doing what the Shite did and buy quantity - if we had £28m we should have replaced our ageing players, and they should have blown the Ratboy money on one striker. Instead we've got Luka who, so far, has been the worst signing we've ever made in terms of value for money.

I just wish we had a few youngsters to bring into the team. Certainly Garbutt must get a chance soon, though of course it would take a man with bigger balls than Martinez to drop Baines.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:41 am

A few little pictures from Saturday.

Super

Number of posts : 36196
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:14 am

Moyes went through some serious slumps at Everton too (three 4-0s on the spin against West Brom, Bolton and Villa springs to mind), but what maked him out was the way he kept going and turned it round. It's way too early to be writing off Bobby and as bad as some of our performances this season have been, we need to give him time to see if he can get the players playing again like they were last season.

The most worrying thing in my view is the mental side of the game. It's like we don't back ourselves anymore to do the incisive passing and really go at teams. So we just default back to passing it and keeping ineffective possession. Under Moyes we defaulted to 'Yobo-ing' it up the pitch when it wasn't working. Neither is a substitute for self belief, team spirit and just really working hard and going at a team to try and get something out of a game.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 12:55 pm

I also think ( not blame ) the lack of first team players playing together, the amount of injuries we have is unreal, key players missing all the time. Last season we had the same team virtually every week

If we can get all the team playing together without injuries, I wouls like to think we will climb the table again

We are so unlucky with injuries, but agree that we should still be doing a hell of a lot better

But, still, I believe things will improve
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7026

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:06 pm

Super wrote:A few little pictures from Saturday.

Nice one Super ... I bet our shower of overpaid crap would miss even if both goals were there in the match to aim at Neutral
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:33 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:A few little pictures from Saturday.

Nice one Super ... I bet our shower of overpaid crap would miss even if both goals were there in the match to aim at Neutral

Lukuku certainly did a few times in practice!
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:36 pm

Blueberto wrote:I also think ( not blame ) the lack of first team players playing together, the amount of injuries we have is unreal, key players missing all the time. Last season we had the same team virtually every week

If we can get all the team playing together without injuries, I wouls like to think we will climb the table again

We are so unlucky with injuries, but agree that we should still be doing a hell of a lot better

I don't think we've been all that unlucky with injuries to be honest. Look at ManUre. At the moment, we've only got Mirallas and McCarthy of our starting XI out injured. Most teams have got a lot more than that missing. Look at Citteh, Arsenal, even the Shite have had Sturridge, their best player, out most of the season.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:00 pm

Sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

No subs. WTF.

I agree with what you say, but we do have a certain Duncan on the manager books. You'd thought he could be loud enough if the players are not delivering the goods.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66449

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm

Great pictures Super. Hope you had a great time despite the outcome of the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:03 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Blueberto wrote:I also think ( not blame ) the lack of first team players playing together, the amount of injuries we have is unreal, key players missing all the time. Last season we had the same team virtually every week

I don't think we've been all that unlucky with injuries to be honest.  Look at ManUre.  At the moment, we've only got Mirallas and McCarthy of our starting XI out injured. Most teams have got a lot more than that missing.  Look at Citteh, Arsenal, even the Shite have had Sturridge, their best player, out most of the season.

What we have been 'unlucky' with is individual errors giving away too many goals. We have scored only 2 goals less after 17 games than we had last year, so obviously we are conceding too many. At the beginning of the season I thought there were signs that last season's passing game was there, but the constant errors and giving away of goals seems to have knocked all the confidence out of everyone. Who is to blame for that? All of them. My advice. Sort it out ffs.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3342
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:05 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Great pictures Super. Hope you had a great time despite the outcome of the game.

Cheers mate. Weekend was great apart from the football. Can't believe how badly we played, seriously need to work on our corners, every single one was rubbish! Still can't believe RM didn't make any changes in the game, might not have made a difference the way we were playing, but at 2-0 down a change might have at least given us a chance or two in the game.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:

I don't think we've been all that unlucky with injuries to be honest.  Look at ManUre.  At the moment, we've only got Mirallas and McCarthy of our starting XI out injured. Most teams have got a lot more than that missing.  Look at Citteh, Arsenal, even the Shite have had Sturridge, their best player, out most of the season.

What we have been 'unlucky' with is individual errors giving away too many goals. We have scored only 2 goals less after 17 games than we had last year, so obviously we are conceding too many. At the beginning of the season I thought there were signs that last season's passing game was there, but the constant errors and giving away of goals seems to have knocked all the confidence out of everyone. Who is to blame for that? All of them. My advice. Sort it out ffs.
Don't forget that all teams know how to play against us - press us high and don't let us have all the time on the ball, get back and park the bus in front of the goal since we have no pace to break the defense down we won't score because we are not skilled enough to walk the ball in the net.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:53 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:So… how did everyone manage to get out of Christmas shopping today…? Very Happy
I moaned like a little girl that I was forced by Mrs4G to go shopping & therefore missing the game....

...best thing I've ever done... wifey knows best eh
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13