Post  The President on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 6:11 pm

The President

Number of posts : 11327
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: newcastle vs everton

Post  Super on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 6:17 pm

Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association. Everton boss Roberto Martinez said Cisse was lucky not to have been sent off for what he said was a pre-meditated elbow on his defender Seamus Coleman in the 3-2 loss to Newcastle. Cisse, 29, scored his fifth goal in six Premier League games as Newcastle ended a four-game losing run on Sunday. He has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday to respond to the charge. If proven, Cisse faces a three-match ban.

Martinez said the incident at St James' Park, not seen by match officials at the time, was "unacceptable". "You don't want to see that on a football pitch, that shouldn't be allowed," he said. "Two players fighting for their position at a dead-ball situation and you end up deciding to take the law into your own hands by elbowing a fellow professional. "It's unacceptable and that should have been a red card."
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 6:23 pm

Super wrote:Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.  Everton boss Roberto Martinez said Cisse was lucky not to have been sent off for what he said was a pre-meditated elbow on his defender Seamus Coleman in the 3-2 loss to Newcastle.  Cisse, 29, scored his fifth goal in six Premier League games as Newcastle ended a four-game losing run on Sunday.  He has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday to respond to the charge.  If proven, Cisse faces a three-match ban.

Martinez said the incident at St James' Park, not seen by match officials at the time, was "unacceptable".  "You don't want to see that on a football pitch, that shouldn't be allowed," he said.  "Two players fighting for their position at a dead-ball situation and you end up deciding to take the law into your own hands by elbowing a fellow professional.  "It's unacceptable and that should have been a red card."

Its a shame the FA couldn't give us the points due too cheating, that would stop a lot of pulling and punching in the penalty box.
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 9:12 pm

This is yet another example of how i feel we are being given the bums rush this season..... Mirallas was nobbled, others too nobbled and we suffer. On Boxing Day we have a guy pulled back by last man and the law is forgotten because its too far out.... we are penalised for a soft challenge... against Man City we have physical assault on two players Eto'o and Barry - no csrds we get a booking on Barkley and are penalised on another soft penalty.... guys I am becoming steadily more convinced tht in the modern game there is a script that decrees that only the regular cream are allowed into the hallowed arena of the top table and the CL. The Shoite I think were given a last chance for old times sake and really blew it. City have bought their place instead and with the return of Man U normal service will be resumed...

I remember reading that winning the EL does not guarantee CL football it places you into the final qualifying round where I can bet that unless its somebody like Inter, Villareal, Shoite then that winner will be given one of the most challenging ties to get into the group stage.

THe whole reason that EL gets to receive the "second chancers" of the CL failures is to ensure that the cream who have been drawn in "gruppo di morte" or had the occasional off night (e.g. Man City, Shoite, etc) can extend the revenue stream and maintain their UEFA co-efficient.

All that said I still have every confidence in RM - seriously I do. Wigan as a club (in the context of the above) it was a miracle that they stayed in as long as they did! and remember they twatted us at home under Moyes 3-0 to get there and outplayed City in the final (I was there and watched it!!). THe real Martinez was who we saw last year. Its a great compliment that teams have had to go to such lengths to "work us out". True, the next test is can we adapt and play differently. Well the answer is unless you have a resource base that is adaptable to play more than one style its unlikely.

I have faith. I really do. If you NEVER believe that there is a chance of succeeding you never will. If yoju can believe then you just might!
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8438
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 9:23 pm

Uwist61 wrote:

This is yet another example of how i feel we are being given the bums rush this season..... Mirallas was nobbled, others too nobbled and we suffer. On Boxing Day we have a guy pulled back by last man and the law is forgotten because its too far out.... we are penalised for a soft challenge... against Man City we have physical assault on two players Eto'o and Barry - no csrds we get a booking on Barkley and are penalised on another soft penalty.... guys I am becoming steadily more convinced tht in the modern game there is a script that decrees that only the regular cream are allowed into the hallowed arena of the top table and the CL. The Shoite I think were given a last chance for old times sake and really blew it. City have bought their place instead and with the return of Man U normal service will be resumed...

I remember reading that winning the EL does not guarantee CL football it places you into the final qualifying round where I can bet that unless its somebody like Inter, Villareal, Shoite then that winner will be given one of the most challenging ties to get into the group stage.

THe whole reason that EL gets to receive the "second chancers" of the CL failures is to ensure that the cream who have been drawn in "gruppo di morte" or had the occasional off night (e.g. Man City, Shoite, etc) can extend the revenue stream and maintain their UEFA co-efficient.

All that said I still have every confidence in RM - seriously I do. Wigan as a club (in the context of the above) it was a miracle that they stayed in as long as they did! and remember they twatted us at home under Moyes 3-0 to get there and outplayed City in the final (I was there and watched it!!). THe real Martinez was who we saw last year. Its a great compliment that teams have had to go to such lengths to "work us out". True, the next test is can we adapt and play differently. Well the answer is unless you have a resource base that is adaptable to play more than one style its unlikely.

I have faith. I really do. If you NEVER believe that there is a chance of succeeding you never will. If yoju can believe then you just might!
It would have been interesting too have seen those incidents with 2 other teams, both the ref's and players' reactions.
Our main problem seems to be the self destruct button, pressed by 7 and 20 against Newcy. I'm told we've lost 8 games this season when we've scored the opening goal. It's soul destroying. How and when does it stop?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 9:46 pm

Mcgeady needs to harden the feck up or do one. He concedes possession so easily. He's capable of doing great things, but really, he's not a premier league player.

Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm

Tonteau wrote:Mcgeady needs to harden the feck up or do one. He concedes possession so easily. He's capable of doing great things, but really, he's not a premier league player.

we can all see that, why can't Robbie?
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm

Tonteau wrote:Mcgeady needs to harden the feck up or do one. He concedes possession so easily. He's capable of doing great things, but really, he's not a premier league player.

If he pulls the ball back and loses it one more time.........................
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 3:56 am

It's all well and good doing Cisse for the attack but it helps us not not one fucking jot. All it does is weaken Newcastle against other teams.
Yet again we are raped by another shitty ref decision.
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13102
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 11:49 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:

If he pulls the ball back and loses it one more time.........................

I wouldn't even make him turn around ala that smiley. Just pelt him one in the face.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top