Gary Brabin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gary Brabin

Post  Super on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 4:11 pm

Gary Brabin has left his position as manager of Conference club Southport to take a coaching role at Everton. The 44-year-old, who had been in charge of the Sandgrounders since October, will be part of the coaching staff up to under-21 level at Goodison Park.

Paul Carden, who had been Brabin's assistant, will now take charge of Southport, who lie 20th in the table.
Brabin, who previously had spells as manager of Cambridge United and Luton Town, is an Everton supporter.

"We gave Gary a manager's post after a couple of years out of the game," said Southport chairman Charlie Clapham in a club statement. "It is a compliment to both Gary and Southport that Everton want our manager for such a prestigious role. "It's Gary's lifelong ambition to be part of Everton and sometimes in life things happen when you are not expecting them to. I would not want to stop Gary achieving his ambition and genuinely wish him all the best."

Brabin, who previously had a two-month spell in charge of Southport in 2008, replaced Martin Foyle as manager and led the club to the third round of the FA Cup, where they lost to Championship side Derby County.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Brabin

Post  Armchair on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:18 pm

Good that we are recruiting high calibre personnel with proven track records in the top divisions.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18332
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Brabin

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:38 pm

Armchair wrote:Good that we are recruiting high calibre personnel with proven track records in the top divisions.

Hey, fair play now, the guy has managed Southport to 20th in the Conference. They haven't lost a match in days.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23483
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Brabin

Post  sefton on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:35 am

hairberto cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:Good that we are recruiting high calibre personnel with proven track records in the top divisions.

Hey, fair play now, the guy has managed Southport to 20th in the Conference.  They haven't lost a match in days.



His getting groomed as are next Manager? affraid Will Bill get Tesco points?
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9248
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Brabin

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:51 am

Sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:Good that we are recruiting high calibre personnel with proven track records in the top divisions.

Hey, fair play now, the guy has managed Southport to 20th in the Conference.  They haven't lost a match in days.



His getting groomed as are next Manager? affraid Will Bill get Tesco points?
it's the kind of hire we should expect at Everton... after all the last manager we hired had just relegated a top flight team Neutral
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Brabin

Post  sefton on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 9:23 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:Good that we are recruiting high calibre personnel with proven track records in the top divisions.

Hey, fair play now, the guy has managed Southport to 20th in the Conference.  They haven't lost a match in days.



His getting groomed as are next Manager? affraid Will Bill get Tesco points?
it's the kind of hire we should expect at Everton... after all the last manager we hired had just relegated a top flight team Neutral


Expect Kenwright to purchase players from Southport.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9248
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Brabin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum