Everton v City of Swansea

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Everton v City of Swansea

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:56 pm

Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:New record for Bobby

The first Swansea victory EVER over Everton in the league.

Phenomenal.

That adds to his 'first ever Swansea victory over Everton' when they put us out of the COC last season.
League & Cup double for the great man... phenomenal
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:13 pm

Loving how every pundit, especially Rio, is banging on about how Stones needs to be allowed to make mistakes so he can learn, and the fans are making him nervous. Why don't they shut the fuck up? We're losing points because of it. How about he makes his mistakes when he's playiing for England, not for Everton?
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23474

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:49 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Loving how every pundit, especially Rio, is banging on about how Stones needs to be allowed to make mistakes so he can learn, and the fans are making him nervous. Why don't they shut the fuck up? We're losing points because of it. How about he makes his mistakes when he's playiing for England, not for Everton?

To be honest he has a point. I was incredibly frustrated by today's performance. After Basic went off the energy literally drained out of their boots and flowed off the park. We had lots of decent quality balls into the box that just did not come off. The two early substitutions really did inhibit us. As usual the opponents rarely looked threatening... but each time they did it was scary. I think we are being found out a bit and i do think that we need to ginger the back room up a bit. I would certainly consider the removal of Jones- the medical conditioning team.. what we we missing if we (like the Shoite) are getting a tendency of hammy injuries?

I think Mirallas was precautionary. I still honestly believe that City know the match has to be won... we are not a rollover and if we are all honest - we would rather have had that performance today rather on Wednesday.

I do buy that the fans are making the players nervous - the problem is that Basic has clicked what needs to be done t get the fans onside so when he went off a lot of the passion walked off with him.

I still believe that if we must part with RM - then we really invest in a high calibre (talent attracting) coach (and with the money deal next year )- a quality coach retaining the talent is the priority then attracting the new as a top up.

Could we be attractive to a Mancini, Mourinho, Hiddink, Koeman, Simone, Ranieri and the like? Or perhaps there would be mileage in swapping Jones out and bringing back Moyes #2 (Graham(?) Round)
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8418
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:41 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Loving how every pundit, especially Rio, is banging on about how Stones needs to be allowed to make mistakes so he can learn, and the fans are making him nervous. Why don't they shut the fuck up? We're losing points because of it. How about he makes his mistakes when he's playiing for England, not for Everton?

To be honest he has a point. I was incredibly frustrated by today's performance. After Basic went off the energy literally drained out of their boots and flowed off the park. We had lots of decent quality balls into the box that just did not come off. The two early substitutions really did inhibit us. As usual the opponents rarely looked threatening... but each time they did it was scary. I think we are being found out a bit and i do think that we need to ginger the back room up a bit. I would certainly consider the removal of Jones- the medical conditioning team.. what we we missing if we (like the Shoite) are getting a tendency of hammy injuries?

I think Mirallas was precautionary. I still honestly believe that City know the match has to be won... we are not a rollover and if we are all honest - we would rather have had that performance today rather on Wednesday.

I do buy that the fans are making the players nervous - the problem is that Basic has clicked what needs to be done t get the fans onside so when he went off a lot of the passion walked off with him.

I still believe that if we must part with RM - then we really invest in a high calibre (talent attracting) coach (and with the money deal next year )- a quality coach retaining the talent is the priority then attracting the new as a top up.  

Could we be attractive to a Mancini, Mourinho, Hiddink, Koeman, Simone, Ranieri and the like? Or perhaps there would be mileage in swapping Jones out and bringing back Moyes #2 (Graham(?) Round)
The challenge has been that Stones has always looked to draw in the attacker before making his move. It puts the goalie in trouble frequently. Look at the back pass today. He sets up to pass it back to TH (no pressure from any direction) then takes 2 more unnecessary strides before putting Howard in trouble. From what I can see, this is not expressing yourself. It's just overplaying. He's young we know, but by now he should have learned. The second half, he did none of his fannying, and was a better player for it, and we played better as a team.
Likewise Barclay, who must be told constantly by RM, that if there's an obvious good pass, think twice and look for another better idea. This is fantastic because that kind of thinking gets you the goals against a tight defense. If however, Foofo is ripping the ass out of the full back, and you have an obvious ball to him in a good position, then freakin' play it.
Barry needs to tell them all what his secret is. Efficient solid footy first, elaborate stuff second. Like this Chemical Alli lad at Spurs. He does a lot of good simple stuff, then hits you with last night's thumper.
We're all getting pissed off because this team has huge potential, but we'll never see it, until we do the simple things better.
(I now breathing with the aid of my inhaler)
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5755
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 25 Jan 2016, 8:58 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

The challenge has been that Stones has always looked to draw in the attacker before making his move. It puts the goalie in trouble frequently. Look at the back pass today. He sets up to pass it back to TH (no pressure from any direction) then takes 2 more unnecessary strides before putting Howard in trouble. From what I can see, this is not expressing yourself. It's just overplaying. He's young we know, but by now he should have learned. The second half, he did none of his fannying, and was a better player for it, and we played better as a team.
Likewise Barclay, who must be told constantly by RM, that if there's an obvious good pass, think twice and look for another better idea. This is fantastic because that kind of thinking gets you the goals against a tight defense. If however, Foofo is ripping the ass out of the full back, and you have an obvious ball to him in a good position, then freakin' play it.
Barry needs to tell them all what his secret is. Efficient solid footy first, elaborate stuff second. Like this Chemical Alli lad at Spurs. He does a lot of good simple stuff, then hits you with last night's thumper.
We're all getting pissed off because this team has huge potential, but we'll never see it, until we do the simple things better.
(I now breathing with the aid of my inhaler)

100% this.

It's all very well saying "they're young, they have to learn from their mistakes" but the problem seems to be that they are not learning. Every alehouse expert can see what Stones is doing wrong, so why can't he? Surely someone on the coaching or playing staff is telling Stones/Barkley how to improve their games, not just saying "you made a mistake, but I'm not going to help you eliminate those mistakes, you have to keep making them til you suss it for yourself"?

I agree that our fans are really on the players' backs right now, and it can't help them. But there has to be a reason for the impatience, and it's probably that we're seeing the SAME mistakes and wrong decisions in every game. This has to be the coaching team's responsibility.

The perfect, and most painfully stupid example of this, is how we gave away 3-2 leads in EXACTLY the same way against Bournmouth and Chelsea. Fine, you over-celebrate once, get extra time added on, the opposition scores, you learn from it - but to do it again in the same season? That's just fucking stupidity.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23474

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Mon 25 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm

The fans are paying customers having to except this droll week -in week -out, Roberto Martinez is responsible for the results as he picks the team ,he doesn't and won't listen to the fans regards to not having a plan -B,we need at least three players in this transfer window,a keeper is a must,we need a big strong defender and a striker that can take the pressure off Romelu,it's not rocket science, McGeady-Gibson -Hibbert-Osman-Kone,need to be taken off the wage bill. Players brought in need to be ready to play in the premiership , we are falling into freefall under Martinez ,relegation looms and that scares the hell out of me.

Martinez will probably bring in one loan player ,that will be it for this window ,Yarmelenko talk will stand Side by side with the riquelme rumours on top shelf of bullshitters pile of no chance transfers, he's deluded if he thinks are squad of players are good enough ,should we not win any silverware ,people will change their thoughts on Martinez ,me I have no confidence in Marttinez.
sefton

Number of posts : 9240
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 26 Jan 2016, 12:50 pm

Kev out.

Seamus and Macca available.

McGeady still shit.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18313
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

Armchair wrote:Kev out.

McGeady still shit.

Didn't realise that we were playing the Swansea game again.....
Super

Number of posts : 35907
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm

Super wrote:
Armchair wrote:Kev out.

McGeady still shit.

Didn't realise that we were playing the Swansea game again.....

cheers

Number of posts : 13037
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top