Everton V Newcastle United

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:40 pm

3pts. 3+ goal diff and clean sheet
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3883
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Statman on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:42 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:3pts. 3+ goal diff and clean sheet
Up to 11th and also 11 points clear of relegation.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6945
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:43 pm

Armchair wrote:Decent performance. 3 points. Clean sheet.

Lennon excellent.


Yes Lennon MOTM for me. Barkley was magnificent at times but also incredibly frustrating. He overdoes it so many times in a game, but is by far our most naturally talented player. He needs to become the player he's threatening to be. Maybe another season with us, then off to the big boys Rolling Eyes
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23482
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Super on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:55 pm

Statman wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:3pts. 3+ goal diff and clean sheet
Up to 11th and also 11 points clear of relegation.

Only 8pts from 5th Smile
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  sefton on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:01 pm

Great win and 3 points + clean sheet for Robles = Good night all round.
MOTM Aaron Lennon ,works his socks off.

We got a diamond called Ross Barkley ,some times he's a rough cut Diamond that frustrates fans with his action.


Kone ?
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9244
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:03 pm

Just to put it into perspective, the last time we won in the league against a team outside the bottom three was back in September. We're great at beating Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa, but so we should be.

I thought we were pretty decent tonight but, against a mid-table or top half side, that would have finished 1-1. We should be able to win all of our upcoming games, at least until we face Arsenal in March. We'll see.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23482
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:30 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Just to put it into perspective, the last time we won in the league against a team outside the bottom three was back in September. We're great at beating Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa, but so we should be.

I thought we were pretty decent tonight but, against a mid-table or top half side, that would have finished 1-1.  We should be able to win all of our upcoming games, at least until we face Arsenal in March.  We'll see.
The trouble with us in many games, is we get bored or whatever the footy equivalent is. Sleepy and lacking motive to keep going.
Not much use of the bench tonight.
Stones? Given a mid-season rest in the Canaries or something?
Foofoo not required.
After Lennon's performance where does Foofoo play now?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5758
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  The President on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:22 am

"Phenomenal footballer, phenomenal person," Martinez said of his attacking midfielder Barkley. "He took responsibility with both penalties and showed he is an assured, technical footballer," he added.
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11301
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:14 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Just to put it into perspective, the last time we won in the league against a team outside the bottom three was back in September. We're great at beating Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa, but so we should be.

I thought we were pretty decent tonight but, against a mid-table or top half side, that would have finished 1-1.  We should be able to win all of our upcoming games, at least until we face Arsenal in March.  We'll see.
The trouble with us in many games, is we get bored or whatever the footy equivalent is. Sleepy and lacking motive to keep going.
Not much use of the bench tonight.
Stones? Given a mid-season rest in the Canaries or something?
Foofoo not required.
After Lennon's performance where does Foofoo play now?

John Stones was there last night. He was shown a couple of times during the coverage. He has been under a lot of pressure recently and I said in another thread last week that a short break from the games, maybe for this month or so, might benefit him and the team in the longer term - it's not as though we don't have centre backs. Perhaps this is what's happening.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13042
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm

Apparently he has a fatigued hamstring....Out for 10 days

Looks like the new fella may get a start on Saturday, as Kone should be put down after that performance.
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13078
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Armchair on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:12 pm

Any word on Luka's injury?
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18328
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:58 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Apparently he has a fatigued hamstring....Out for 10 days

Looks like the new fella may get a start on Saturday, as Kone should be put down after that performance.

Kone was pretty poor in front of goal but I thought held eth ball up well and brought others in to it.

But Lennon. Extra time in the second half and he runs back 60 yards to defend. Energiserbunny
avatar
mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17037
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:33 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Apparently he has a fatigued hamstring....Out for 10 days

Looks like the new fella may get a start on Saturday, as Kone should be put down after that performance.

Kone was pretty poor in front of goal but I thought held eth ball up well and brought others in to it.

But Lennon. Extra time in the second half and he runs back 60 yards to defend. Energiserbunny

I thought he was great for us on loan last season. Perhaps he's a second half of the season kind of player.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13042
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  sefton on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:34 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Apparently he has a fatigued hamstring....Out for 10 days

Looks like the new fella may get a start on Saturday, as Kone should be put down after that performance.

Kone was pretty poor in front of goal but I thought held eth ball up well and brought others in to it.

But Lennon. Extra time in the second half and he runs back 60 yards to defend. Energiserbunny

I thought he was great for us on loan last season. Perhaps he's a second half of the season kind of player.


Lennon cost a lot less than Andros Townsend and contributed more in last nights game.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9244
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 6:21 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

COYB
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum