Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Super on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:15 am

The President wrote:Is he still here? scratch

Ha, ha. I was hoping to wake up this morning to read that he had been sacked.
Super

Number of posts : 36028
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:31 am

Super wrote:

Ha, ha.  I was hoping to wake up this morning to read that he had been sacked.
his time is surely over... wait till we get beaten by Le Arse & that will HAVE to be it.... and unfortunately I'm very sure that we will be beaten (again)

we were better under Martinez Sad
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33215
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:

his time is surely over... wait till we get beaten by Le Arse & that will HAVE to be it.... and unfortunately I'm very sure that we will be beaten (again)

The last months of Martinez was still worse but this is getting closer. Cant see how he still has the dressing room. Every game starts the same. Sluggish, no energy or game plan.

I don't think he really cares either. Maybe he threw he's toys out over the end of the window failures and now is just waiting to get the chop. Bring in Unsie for few games to get the heart back in the team, then someone who can get us playing again.

Every day we continue with this is a day closer to the derby. pale

Number of posts : 26830
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 2:10 pm

KoelJagz wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:

The last months of Martinez was still worse but this is getting closer. Cant see how he still has the dressing room. Every game starts the same. Sluggish, no energy or game plan.

I don't think he really cares either. Maybe he threw he's toys out over the end of the window failures and now is just waiting to get the chop. Bring in Unsie for few games to get the heart back in the team, then someone who can get us playing again.

Every day we continue with this is a day closer to the derby. pale

In fairness it did sound like we played better last night and Koeman did at least play with width and drop Rooney/Siggy. The problem is that we've got a tough run of fixtures so its hard to see us getting results, even if the performances improve.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18436
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:17 pm

Simon Jordan has criticised under-pressure Everton manager Ronald Koeman following the club's 2-1 defeat to Lyon in the Europa League on Thursday night.
Everton remain winless in Europe's second-tier competition after the first three group games, while the club are also languishing down in 16th place in the Premier League following a poor start to the season.

And the former Crystal Palace owner thinks the Dutchman is the wrong man to get Everton out of their current slump.
"There are a lot of things about Everton that are right, I'm just not so sure the manager is," Jordan told The Debate.
"Looking at him on the sidelines he looks dishevelled, he looks like he's put on weight, he looks unkept. He doesn't look like somebody that's in control of the situation.

"I think he's one of those who is quite adept at passing the blame and I know that he has quite a high opinion of himself."

Everton have won just two of their first eight games in the Premier League, while Thursday's latest defeat leaves them on the brink of exiting the Europa League at the group stage.

"I don't like what I've heard from him. I don't like 'worried', I don't want to hear worried. I want to hear that I'm aware and I'm dealing with it," said Jordan.

"Everton are a side I expected to start picking up points against the Burnleys or the Brightons and start to right that ship, but they haven't.

"He's the leader and a team reflects leaders and if he can't get this team to play, they're not going to get themselves to play. That's his job.
The President

Number of posts : 11394
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:36 pm

The President wrote:Simon Jordan has criticised under-pressure Everton manager Ronald Koeman following the club's 2-1 defeat to Lyon in the Europa League on Thursday night.
Everton remain winless in Europe's second-tier competition after the first three group games, while the club are also languishing down in 16th place in the Premier League following a poor start to the season.

And the former Crystal Palace owner thinks the Dutchman is the wrong man to get Everton out of their current slump.
"There are a lot of things about Everton that are right, I'm just not so sure the manager is," Jordan told The Debate.
"Looking at him on the sidelines he looks dishevelled, he looks like he's put on weight, he looks unkept. He doesn't look like somebody that's in control of the situation.

"I think he's one of those who is quite adept at passing the blame and I know that he has quite a high opinion of himself."

Everton have won just two of their first eight games in the Premier League, while Thursday's latest defeat leaves them on the brink of exiting the Europa League at the group stage.

"I don't like what I've heard from him. I don't like 'worried', I don't want to hear worried. I want to hear that I'm aware and I'm dealing with it," said Jordan.

"Everton are a side I expected to start picking up points against the Burnleys or the Brightons and start to right that ship, but they haven't.

"He's the leader and a team reflects leaders and if he can't get this team to play, they're not going to get themselves to play. That's his job.
I'm not really a Jordan fan ... but that's pretty much nail on the head isn't it ?
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
The President wrote:Simon Jordan has criticised under-pressure Everton manager Ronald Koeman following the club's 2-1 defeat to Lyon in the Europa League on Thursday night.

I'm not really a Jordan fan ... but that's pretty much nail on the head isn't it ?

I met him in a nightclub years ago after Palace had played against Crewe. He was a top bloke. Bought drinks for everyone, and we were just a group of annoying students. Looks like a pimp, but he's spot on about Koeman.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:19 pm

If we get a new manager who buys two decent wide players and a striker, we are sorted. Bolliase is also due back ditto Coleman.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 3:30 pm

Im assuming Koeman's getting sacked tonight, so I'd say let's try to get Big Sam in on a rest-of-the-season contract with a brief of avoiding relegation. Long term manager to be appointed once we're safe.

hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23602

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 4:01 pm

Has Big Dunc passed enough badges to take over for the rest of the season
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 5:58 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Im assuming Koeman's getting sacked tonight, so I'd say let's try to get Big Sam in on a rest-of-the-season contract with a brief of avoiding relegation.  Long term manager to be appointed once we're safe.

I'd settle for that.
Statman

Number of posts : 7009
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Im assuming Koeman's getting sacked tonight, so I'd say let's try to get Big Sam in on a rest-of-the-season contract with a brief of avoiding relegation.  Long term manager to be appointed once we're safe.

In the words of Braveheart...." hold.... hold..... hold....."

That said therefore an awful lot of Dutch speaking people in the Dixie Dean ante-room today... I did wonder if Ronald had invited all and sundry to have a final beer on the club.....

I am still of the mind that he makes sense in his interview.... one does not become a crap manager - has he improved from when he first came... probably not.... but I do believe that we have been (and are still) desperately unlucky. Arsenal bullied Pawson into the first Gana yellow. They got away with a whole host of petulant actions without any reproach. Sanchez was personally spoken to 3 times for standing on the ball when Everton had a free kick.

Economically - getting rid of RK means getting rid of 5-6 people - I would still rather have us keep the money and use it to improve the squad. Getting someone like Big Sam would be ludicrous. I blanch at Moyes coming back and I can think of a dozen names after him before I came across Big Sam on the list.

At the end of the day our own expectations (Yes I am more than guilty) and looking at the names we can see any number of quality combinations.... my fear is that like Newcastle two seasons back we have pretty players but not dogged players and it might be that is what we need. But either way I would still have Koeman because he is the best least worst option that we have.

Did Moyes not have a very difficult spell in his second full season? Then we kept patient ..... we need to again...
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8487
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:44 pm

Da Judge wrote:

That said therefore an awful lot of Dutch speaking people in the Dixie Dean ante-room today... I did wonder if Ronald had invited all and sundry to have a final beer on the club.....

I am still of the mind that he makes sense in his interview.... one does not become a crap manager - has he improved from when he first came... probably not.... but I do believe that we have been (and are still) desperately unlucky. Arsenal bullied Pawson into the first Gana yellow. They got away with a whole host of petulant actions without any reproach. Sanchez was personally spoken to 3 times for standing on the ball when Everton had a free kick.

Economically - getting rid of RK means getting rid of 5-6 people - I would still rather have us keep the money and use it to improve the squad. Getting someone like Big Sam would be ludicrous. I blanch at Moyes coming back and I can think of a dozen names after him before I came across Big Sam on the list.

At the end of the day our own expectations (Yes I am more than guilty) and looking at the names we can see any number of quality combinations.... my fear is that like Newcastle two seasons back we have pretty players but not dogged players and it might be that is what we need. But either way I would still have Koeman because he is the best least worst option that we have.

Did Moyes not have a very difficult spell in his second full season? Then we kept patient ..... we need to again...
The summer signings are the total reason for us shytting the bed right now.
With the exception of Pickford and Keane, the rest are an embarrassment to our selection process. Now Koeman seems stuck with having to prove that they are better than the academy players. Can he honestly play Coco the Clown and Klassen ahead of Kenny/Holgate and Davies? A busted flush. If the only option of playing Siggi and Rooney together, is to put Siggi on the wide left, then you may as well pick Mirallas or maybe Lookman who can play there.
Are ready for the Championship?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5815
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

Da Judge wrote:

I partly agree Judge. I think he's got good pedigree and had a decent first season. Aside from Ancelotti (who wouldn't come to us anyway), the other names being thrown around are crap; I'd rather give Koeman more time than bring in some journeyman manager for half a season. He's been a bit unlucky in losing Luka and bringing in a load of new faces, many of whom haven't met expectations, and having such a tough opening run of games.

That said, Koeman's team selections and formations are baffling. Two holding midfielders at home v Burnley yet only one v Arse? Six changes from the team that showed signs of improvement against Lyon? A back 3 one week, back 4 the next...or changing from one to the other at halftime? Attempting to play counter-attacking football away against Chelsea but not picking any midfielders or forwards with pace...the list goes on. It's a different team and formation every game, and neither the team selections or formations make any sense. He seems to have no vision or strategy to get the team out of this mess, beyond changing players and formations every 45 minutes in the hope that something will work. Looking at the fixtures we have coming up (Chavs, Leicester and Lyon away), I can't see us getting a draw, let alone winning a game.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18436
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:41 pm

Hey look, there's the Titanic! Captained by Mr Koeman! He stands on the bridge, looking at the iceberg, while all around him the crew are running around in circles and the passengers are jumping in the lifeboats.

"Captain Koeman!" comes the cry from a young lad, "are we in trouble?"

Captain Koeman smiles enigmatically. "No, ish jusht a tiny problem with shome eyeshe! Tell the band to keep playing! Keep playing! If we adjust the courhse of the ship now, what might happen? I am the man for the job! Keep forward!"

Wise man around him nod, trying to disguise the fear in their eyes. Should they throw Captain Koeman overboard and put Admiral Fatty Allerdyce in charge, a man who is feted worldwide for his ability to dodge icebergs? The wise men are frozen, incapable of deciding, while the Titanic slides slowly towards oblivion....

Throw the fucking cunt overboard before he sinks the ship!
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:29 am

hairy cataract wrote:Hey look, there's the Titanic!  Captained by Mr Koeman!  He stands on the bridge, looking at the iceberg, while all around him the crew are running around in circles and the passengers are jumping in the lifeboats.

"Captain Koeman!" comes the cry from a young lad, "are we in trouble?"

Captain Koeman smiles enigmatically.  "No, ish jusht a tiny problem with shome eyeshe! Tell the band to keep playing! Keep playing! If we adjust the courhse of the ship now, what might happen? I am the man for the job! Keep forward!"

Wise man around him nod, trying to disguise the fear in their eyes.  Should they throw Captain Koeman overboard and put Admiral Fatty Allerdyce in charge, a man who is feted worldwide for his ability to dodge icebergs?  The wise men are frozen, incapable of deciding, while the Titanic slides slowly towards oblivion....

Throw the fucking cunt overboard before he sinks the ship!

When someone asked Cap'n Sam "so what's the biggest vessel you have successfully skippered?"..... the plaintive reply well I was ace on Bolton Park Pedal Lake does not fill me with any great expectation ..... it's true he has never been in charge when relegated.... but the true story is how been times has he been binned when the club was in trouble (before sinking) else found himself like the skipper of the Costa Concordia (quitting and jumping into the first lifeboat to better direct rescue operations)

Ancelotti, Huddinck, or how about a real bold and horrendously outrageous solution... for half a season.... "Whiskey nose" ... these are probably the only three I could say ok to.. and to be honest I still think RK is better long term option...
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

Will it be white smoke or black smoke today?
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:32 am

The President wrote:Will it be white smoke or black smoke today?

Praying for black (that means stays same no decision...).... but as I said yesterday never seen so many Dutch around the place.... so could be white.... certainly all the board were available to meet last night...
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:36 am

Da Judge wrote:

Praying for black (that means stays same no decision...).... but as I said yesterday never seen so many Dutch around the place.... so could be white.... certainly all the board were available to meet last night...

I was really hoping RK was going to be the one to drive us forward but I am very concerned about his tactics and whether he can really "lead" this team anymore.
Difficult one - Who can we get to replace him - Can he turn it round

One thing for sure things HAVE to change and change very very soon
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

it is very depressing right now.. but I seriously doubt they will bin him yet... decision point will be nearer the Christmas transfer window IMO...

If he has improved they will stick by him & let him strengthen with signings (hopefully a Cat 1 striker)

If he is still in or near the relegation and / or we keep getting thumped with 5 goals conceded then I think he will be binned & a new broom will be given the Christmas lottery funds to bring in their own players.

I think we're stuck with him for at least another month or so if I'm totally honest

However... Chelsea, Leicester, Lyon in the next 3 games could be decisive... if we get destroyed in those the board may have no option due to fan pressures.

But trying to be positive... if we come out of those 3 games relatively unscathed then we have a string of 'winnables' with Watford, Palace, Atalanta, Saints, Wet Spam Huddlesfield, Apollon... before the annual stuffing from the Shite.
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:57 am

The board might not have the balls to sack him, but I'd be amazed if they give him a sackful of cash to spend in January. Firstly because prices are so inflated in the winter window but secondly, and most importantly, because he's going to be in no position to make a case for it:

RK: So Mr Mosh, Mr Bill, how about £100m for a left back from PSV and this ace striker from Twente Enschede?
Mr Mosh & Mr Bill: How about you fuck off you useless cheesehead?
RK: But why not?
Mr Mosh & Mr Bill: Why not? Klaassen. Sandro. Keane. Martina. Sigurdsson. That's why not. Now fuck off and get us out of the relegation zone you absolute fuckwit.

hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:14 am

Although I wouldn't want to show myself after a game like that
Can blame RK for wanting a change of scenery :
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-pressure-under-fire-ronald-11392430
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:40 am

The President wrote:Although I wouldn't want to show myself after a game like that
Can blame RK for wanting a change of scenery :
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-pressure-under-fire-ronald-11392430

Now I'm really worried. That quilted jacket and too-tight jumper combination is making a fool of our club.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:13 am

hairy cataract wrote:The board might not have the balls to sack him, but I'd be amazed if they give him a sackful of cash to spend in January.  Firstly because prices are so inflated in the winter window but secondly, and most importantly, because he's going to be in no position to make a case for it:

RK: So Mr Mosh, Mr Bill, how about £100m for a left back from PSV and this ace striker from Twente Enschede?
Mr Mosh & Mr Bill:  How about you fuck off you useless cheesehead?
RK: But why not?
Mr Mosh & Mr Bill:  Why not? Klaassen. Sandro. Keane. Martina. Sigurdsson. That's why not.  Now fuck off and get us out of the relegation zone you absolute fuckwit.

not really disagreeing too much, but I think he would have a case to still get a quality striker in.. Luka cash was massive & it's clear that position has not been replaced & the Luka dosh not really re-cycled to him properly... Isn't our net spend pretty much even (apart from Siggy) & he's brought in quite a few (shit as it happens) players

.. the worry is he would bring in a player of the same calibre as Sandro or Klaasen & call him Luka II... but even though he's appearing to be a total fucking clown.. I do give him more credit than that.... I think !

If he'd signed Giroud, Vardy, or Dzeko in the summer (apparently he sniffed at all of these)... I really think we'd be doing ok now..

or maybe not... I don't know.. I'm so fucking depressed with it all
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 1:17 pm

SSN... kenwright and elstone arrived at USM finch farm, they report it as UNUSUAL for them to attend the day after a game

fingers crossed lads
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top