Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Da Judge on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:36 pm

I would be disappointed, nay frankly annoyed if we made the unilateral decision to look elsewhere.... I believe that RK still represents the best chance of us progressing... I have only one wish and perhaps that might be granted that if we could take courage in our hearts and played the youngsters a bit more... sure we will "not win anything with kids" ... but by Christ we be on a great development curve.....

If Ross and Kev are feeling alienated that really is their choice... I cannot believe any effective man manager comes in and says "I am going to make your life real shitty"... and from what I have read the club (approved by RK) offered RB the largest contract it has ever offered. Now if RB is saying "No, I want to play this way or I leave then as in the movie business that is the equivalent of artistic differences and he can stay (and act the part written) or he can leave. KM needs to reflect that he has been offered a number of roles.... the only one he has not been offered is the regular #10 spot... but here he finds Rooney/Sigurddson/Barkley/Klaassen as competition... the fact is (and I am a fan of KM..) he never excelled or put forward the undeniable case (like Cahill did - a far less talented footballer on paper) that he is "the guy".

We need to accept that Leighton days are numbered as are Jagielka/Williams. Play one or the other to support Keane/Holgate... lets get really good at playing as a back three.... lets look at a central midfield 3 - one defensive minded, one all purpose and one attacking midfielder ... with two solid up and down engines with crossing ability to act as wingbacks dropping to a back 5 or a midfield 5.... and the flexibility to go 4-4....

that leaves the front two..... clearly the moneyball play of looking at ways to get 30 goals across a number of players to replace RL is not yet bearing fruit...but there is an urgency and I would drive for some patience from fans and staff... I would start Sandro/Rooney and replace Sandro with DCL to use pace against tired defenders... and drive Wayne onto the rocks to be replaced by Klaassen/Davies.

Right now... I rearranged a flight to Manchester - could not face the drubbing from Rom I think we will get (although I honestly think he will be very very respectful)... I have given my ticket away... yes I have coughed £250.. because I am that disheartened ... however... my one grasped straw is this ....


Accepting 2016/17 results as par...

Stoke (H) - we are level
City (a) - we are level
Chelsea (a) - we are level
Spuds (h) - we are one point down

As Yank and others have said... our season really starts after Manure.... and includes the fixtures against Arse and the RS.... I think now top 4 will be Citteh/Chelski/Manure/Spuds.... 5/6/7 will be btewwn Arse/Shoite and one other ... I firmly believe still it should be us... changing manager only likely brings that into peril...




avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8447
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  mindyercarMister? on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm

Da Judge wrote: ...

word!

avatar
mindyercarMister?

Number of posts : 17058
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:04 pm

mindyerKoelMister? wrote:
Da Judge wrote:   ...

word!

I concur Doctor.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 9:37 am

Da Judge wrote:I would be disappointed, nay frankly annoyed if we made the unilateral decision to look elsewhere.... I believe that RK still represents the best chance of us progressing... I have only one wish and perhaps that might be granted that if we could take courage in our hearts and played the youngsters a bit more... sure we will "not win anything with kids" ... but by Christ we be on a great development curve.....

If Ross and Kev are feeling alienated that really is their choice... I cannot believe any effective man manager comes in and says "I am going to make your life real shitty"... and from what I have read the club (approved by RK) offered RB the largest contract it has ever offered. Now if RB is saying "No, I want to play this way or I leave then as in the movie business that is the equivalent of artistic differences and he can stay (and act the part written) or he can leave. KM needs to reflect that he has been offered a number of roles.... the only one he has not been offered is the regular #10 spot... but here he finds Rooney/Sigurddson/Barkley/Klaassen as competition... the fact is (and I am a fan of KM..) he never excelled or put forward the undeniable case (like Cahill did - a far less talented footballer on paper) that he is "the guy".

We need to accept that Leighton days are numbered as are Jagielka/Williams. Play one or the other to support Keane/Holgate... lets get really good at playing as a back three.... lets look at a central midfield 3 - one defensive minded, one all purpose and one attacking midfielder ... with two solid up and down engines with crossing ability to act as wingbacks dropping to a back 5 or a midfield 5.... and the flexibility to go 4-4....

that leaves the front two..... clearly the moneyball play of looking at ways to get 30 goals across a number of players to replace RL is not yet bearing fruit...but there is an urgency and I would drive for some patience from fans and staff... I would start Sandro/Rooney and replace Sandro with DCL to use pace against tired defenders... and drive Wayne onto the rocks to be replaced by Klaassen/Davies.

Right now... I rearranged a flight to Manchester - could not face the drubbing from Rom I think we will get (although I honestly think he will be very very respectful)... I have given my ticket away... yes I have coughed £250.. because I am that disheartened ... however... my one grasped straw is this ....


Accepting 2016/17 results as par...

Stoke (H) - we are level
City (a) - we are level
Chelsea (a) - we are level
Spuds (h) - we are one point down

As Yank and others have said... our season really starts after Manure.... and includes the fixtures against Arse and the RS.... I think now top 4 will be Citteh/Chelski/Manure/Spuds.... 5/6/7 will be btewwn Arse/Shoite and one other ... I firmly believe still it should be us... changing manager only likely brings that into peril...




^ this

our confidence has been knocked and our defence has been awful, but Koeman can fix it and tomorrow night should be proof that we can fight our way back... if not, then we get back to basics even further. If players do not want to play for the manager then they can fuck off, they are not playing for him anyway, they are playing for the club, for the shirts they wear and for the fans who turn up to support them.
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25452
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 11:49 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Da Judge wrote:I would be disappointed, nay frankly annoyed if we made the unilateral decision to look elsewhere.... I believe that RK still represents the best chance of us progressing... I have only one wish and perhaps that might be granted that if we could take courage in our hearts and played the youngsters a bit more... sure we will "not win anything with kids" ... but by Christ we be on a great development curve.....

If Ross and Kev are feeling alienated that really is their choice... I cannot believe any effective man manager comes in and says "I am going to make your life real shitty"... and from what I have read the club (approved by RK) offered RB the largest contract it has ever offered. Now if RB is saying "No, I want to play this way or I leave then as in the movie business that is the equivalent of artistic differences and he can stay (and act the part written) or he can leave. KM needs to reflect that he has been offered a number of roles.... the only one he has not been offered is the regular #10 spot... but here he finds Rooney/Sigurddson/Barkley/Klaassen as competition... the fact is (and I am a fan of KM..) he never excelled or put forward the undeniable case (like Cahill did - a far less talented footballer on paper) that he is "the guy".

We need to accept that Leighton days are numbered as are Jagielka/Williams. Play one or the other to support Keane/Holgate... lets get really good at playing as a back three.... lets look at a central midfield 3 - one defensive minded, one all purpose and one attacking midfielder ... with two solid up and down engines with crossing ability to act as wingbacks dropping to a back 5 or a midfield 5.... and the flexibility to go 4-4....

that leaves the front two..... clearly the moneyball play of looking at ways to get 30 goals across a number of players to replace RL is not yet bearing fruit...but there is an urgency and I would drive for some patience from fans and staff... I would start Sandro/Rooney and replace Sandro with DCL to use pace against tired defenders... and drive Wayne onto the rocks to be replaced by Klaassen/Davies.

Right now... I rearranged a flight to Manchester - could not face the drubbing from Rom I think we will get (although I honestly think he will be very very respectful)... I have given my ticket away... yes I have coughed £250.. because I am that disheartened ... however... my one grasped straw is this ....


Accepting 2016/17 results as par...

Stoke (H) - we are level
City (a) - we are level
Chelsea (a) - we are level
Spuds (h) - we are one point down

As Yank and others have said... our season really starts after Manure.... and includes the fixtures against Arse and the RS.... I think now top 4 will be Citteh/Chelski/Manure/Spuds.... 5/6/7 will be btewwn Arse/Shoite and one other ... I firmly believe still it should be us... changing manager only likely brings that into peril...




^ this

our confidence has been knocked and our defence has been awful, but Koeman can fix it and tomorrow night should be proof that we can fight our way back... if not, then we get back to basics even further.  If players do not want to play for the manager then they can fuck off, they are not playing for him anyway, they are playing for the club, for the shirts they wear and for the fans who turn up to support them.
I don't think it's not wanting to play for the manager etc, it's a confusion of tactics, players out of position, no grade 1 striker. Plus the Harry Redknapp problem of buying a shed load of players, talking different languages, and expecting them to gel immediately. With Moyes, it was 3-4 players per season, who could be integrated into his core squad, who "got" what it was to be at EFC. Now we have no core squad...yet. We have also lost the plucky underdog tag, which players understood when they came here. Now we're a "project" and we're losing our identity. Have you also noticed that the pundits seem to be sorry for us?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:49 am

Everton manager Ronald Koeman is on the verge of the sack following his side's 1-0 home defeat by Burnley on Sunday. (Sun)

The Dutchman says his future at Goodison Park is out of his hands. (Daily Mirror)
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6754
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  The President on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 7:03 am

Everton players think manager Ronald Koeman is waiting to be sacked by club owner Farhad Moshiri after the club's poor start to the season. (Sun)

I think the papers are smelling blood and they wont let go

avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11341
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  KoelJagz on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 8:53 am

I think its inevitable now. The problem is its hard to see any way out of it with such a unbalanced team low in confidence in short term. I doubt Koeman will have much backing in the dressing room either seen the way he 'deals' with players i.e. Barkley, Niasse and Mirallas. I reckon if we fail to win at Brighton and lose to Arsenal he will be gone.

Possibly a new manager might be able to get Barkley back onside, loan Klaassen out in January if the former can integrate back well into the team, get some pace back into the team with Coleman and Bolasie and sign that illusive striker in January. Whether we will be left to compete any competition by then is another question!

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26821
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 11:12 am

We've signed absolute shite, that's the real problem. Klaassen, Sigi, Sandro all fucking dreadful so far, Keane, Martina and Pickford unconvincing, Rooney well past his sell-by date and, going back to earlier signings, Lookman has been frozen out and Schneids has been bang-average. Vlasic is the only one to show anything so far, and even he looks pretty raw.

Koeman hasn't a scooby what to do with the squad and has been reduced to desperate measures like throwing on Niasse in the hope that he's been hit by the ability stick and isn't as totally shit as he looked at first, and treating DCL like he's the finished article, which he clearly ain't.

Of course, he could do a Kendall and off we go, but I can't see it with the current crop of players. There's no Graeme Sharp there, let alone a Sheedy or a Peter Reid.

We are fucking doomed.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm

hairy cataract wrote:We've signed absolute shite, that's the real problem.  Klaassen, Sigi, Sandro all fucking dreadful so far, Keane, Martina and Pickford unconvincing, Rooney well past his sell-by date and, going back to earlier signings, Lookman has been frozen out and Schneids has been bang-average. Vlasic is the only one to show anything so far, and even he looks pretty raw.  

Koeman hasn't a scooby what to do with the squad and has been reduced to desperate measures like throwing on Niasse in the hope that he's been hit by the ability stick and isn't as totally shit as he looked at first, and treating DCL like he's the finished article, which he clearly ain't.  

Of course, he could do a Kendall and off we go, but I can't see it with the current crop of players. There's no Graeme Sharp there, let alone a Sheedy or a Peter Reid.

We are fucking doomed.

Agreed... we also seem to be pinning hopes on Bolasie coming back and saving us, who for me, pre-injury, looked over-priced and bang average, save a couple of good crosses for Lukaku and a big smile.
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3252
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Statman on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 8:51 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:We've signed absolute shite, that's the real problem.  Klaassen, Sigi, Sandro all fucking dreadful so far, Keane, Martina and Pickford unconvincing, Rooney well past his sell-by date and, going back to earlier signings, Lookman has been frozen out and Schneids has been bang-average. Vlasic is the only one to show anything so far, and even he looks pretty raw.  

Koeman hasn't a scooby what to do with the squad and has been reduced to desperate measures like throwing on Niasse in the hope that he's been hit by the ability stick and isn't as totally shit as he looked at first, and treating DCL like he's the finished article, which he clearly ain't.  

Of course, he could do a Kendall and off we go, but I can't see it with the current crop of players. There's no Graeme Sharp there, let alone a Sheedy or a Peter Reid.

We are fucking doomed.

Agreed... we also seem to be pinning hopes on Bolasie coming back and saving us, who for me, pre-injury, looked over-priced and bang average, save a couple of good crosses for Lukaku and a big smile.

But what a smile.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 10:27 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:We've signed absolute shite, that's the real problem.  Klaassen, Sigi, Sandro all fucking dreadful so far, Keane, Martina and Pickford unconvincing, Rooney well past his sell-by date and, going back to earlier signings, Lookman has been frozen out and Schneids has been bang-average. Vlasic is the only one to show anything so far, and even he looks pretty raw.  

Koeman hasn't a scooby what to do with the squad and has been reduced to desperate measures like throwing on Niasse in the hope that he's been hit by the ability stick and isn't as totally shit as he looked at first, and treating DCL like he's the finished article, which he clearly ain't.  

Of course, he could do a Kendall and off we go, but I can't see it with the current crop of players. There's no Graeme Sharp there, let alone a Sheedy or a Peter Reid.

We are fucking doomed.

Agreed... we also seem to be pinning hopes on Bolasie coming back and saving us, who for me, pre-injury, looked over-priced and bang average, save a couple of good crosses for Lukaku and a big smile.

Exactly - we were all moaning about Bolasie before he got injured cos he'd added so little. And with Lukaku gone, I can't see what he'll bring to the team. Anyway, Koeman won't play him cos he doesn't really like nippy wingers does he?

Agreed on the smile, I like it very much.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm

My overriding memory of Bolasie is when he tried to be clever on the wing (step over, reverse kick etc) and made himself look a right twat.
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13106
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 12:54 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:My overriding memory of Bolasie is when he tried to be clever on the wing (step over, reverse kick etc) and made himself look a right twat.
I think he's god but as said earlier Koeman doesn't seem to do wingers... Lennon, Foofoo, Mirallas, McFatty ... all out in the cold or gone... Bolasie doesn't seem to fit the mold even when hi is back at 100%
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 12:54 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:My overriding memory of Bolasie is when he tried to be clever on the wing (step over, reverse kick etc) and made himself look a right twat.
I think he's good but as said earlier Koeman doesn't seem to do wingers... Lennon, Foofoo, Mirallas, McFatty ... all out in the cold or gone... Bolasie doesn't seem to fit the mold even when hi is back at 100%
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Statman on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 1:42 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:My overriding memory of Bolasie is when he tried to be clever on the wing (step over, reverse kick etc) and made himself look a right twat.
I think he's good but as said earlier Koeman doesn't seem to do wingers... Lennon, Foofoo, Mirallas, McFatty ... all out in the cold or gone... Bolasie doesn't seem to fit the mold even when hi is back at 100%

Good god!
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 2:15 pm

Statman wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:My overriding memory of Bolasie is when he tried to be clever on the wing (step over, reverse kick etc) and made himself look a right twat.
I think he's good but as said earlier Koeman doesn't seem to do wingers... Lennon, Foofoo, Mirallas, McFatty ... all out in the cold or gone... Bolasie doesn't seem to fit the mold even when hi is back at 100%

Good god!
Balder is being summoned.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  sefton on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm

Ronald Koeman today flew into Barcelona from Majorca extending his break during the Internationals,Howard Kendall would have had them on the training ground,
Bye Koeman, No passion or thoughts to Everton club or fans.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  The President on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

Everton's 54-year-old Dutch manager Ronald Koeman, whose side have won once in six Premier League games, has been given until the end of October to save his job. (The People)
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11341
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Blue gazza on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 4:06 pm

let's hope the DUTCH F.A come calling , that way we can get shut without mega compo pay out
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6754
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Armchair on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  The President on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 7:57 am

Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez could leave Newcastle to join Everton if the Toffees part company with Ronald Koeman. (The S&n)
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11341
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  KoelJagz on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 11:36 am

The President wrote:Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez could leave Newcastle to join Everton if the Toffees part company with Ronald Koeman. (The S&n)


lol!

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26821
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Super on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 5:23 pm

avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

Super wrote:
it wasn't Martinez's start that was the problem, his first season was great, it was the end of his tenure that was the problem, even with Lukaku we were losing.

Let's give Koeman and his team time to get it right.
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25452
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum