Enner Valencia

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Enner Valencia

Post  KoelJagz on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 1:47 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:I'd rather keep Niasse and send Valencia back. He's ok but we can do better.
they are both a bit shit really... we're minted & should target MUCH better options
true

Trouble with replacing Rom is the lack of options and the fact we don't offer champion's league footy. You could look at Aubameyang or Mbappe, but both are playing champions league footy. Rom was in a place where Mourinho wasn't playing him and so he needed games. We were in the right place at the right time. Maybe we just have to accept we're not going to get a like for like replacement and just buy a couple of decent players. I like Valencia, he works hard, but he's not really the level we should be targeting.

Well then do you go with the same formula of attracting players at clubs in similar positions as Lukaku lacking game time but not proven i.e. Batshuayi, Iheanacho, Martial etc...?

Number of posts : 26805
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 1:56 pm

KoelJagz wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:I'd rather keep Niasse and send Valencia back. He's ok but we can do better.
they are both a bit shit really... we're minted & should target MUCH better options
true

Trouble with replacing Rom is the lack of options and the fact we don't offer champion's league footy. You could look at Aubameyang or Mbappe, but both are playing champions league footy. Rom was in a place where Mourinho wasn't playing him and so he needed games. We were in the right place at the right time. Maybe we just have to accept we're not going to get a like for like replacement and just buy a couple of decent players. I like Valencia, he works hard, but he's not really the level we should be targeting.

Well then do you go with the same formula of attracting players at clubs in similar positions as Lukaku lacking game time but not proven i.e. Batshuayi, Iheanacho, Martial etc...?
Someone like Martial could be an option since he's not getting much playing time at all at Man Utd. As long as he is willing to take "reasonable" wages.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65591
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 3:42 pm

KoelJagz wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
true

Batshuayi is a good call. I remember thinking a month or two back that he barely gets a kick but forgot all about him when writing the above, I think he's potentially a very good player. I have mixed views on Martial, but Ihenacho could work.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 4:34 pm

Tonteau wrote:
KoelJagz wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
true

Batshuayi is a good call. I remember thinking a month or two back that he barely gets a kick but forgot all about him when writing the above, I think he's potentially a very good player. I have mixed views on Martial, but Ihenacho could work.
Victor Moses ??
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 27 May 2017, 6:13 am

Everton are not expected to take up the option to sign Enner Valencia permanently, having brought in the 27-year-old Ecuador winger on a season-long loan from West Ham in August. (Liverpool Echo)
The President

Number of posts : 11301
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 27 May 2017, 12:04 pm

The President wrote:Everton are not expected to take up the option to sign Enner Valencia permanently, having brought in the 27-year-old Ecuador winger on a season-long loan from West Ham in August. (Liverpool Echo)

Correct answer!

Number of posts : 13044
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: