Everton v West Ham United

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everton v West Ham United

Post  The President on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:38 pm

(I have checked the rules and can't find a rule that says I can't start this thread) (the snitchers may prove me wrong Smile )

After the (how did we not beat) Burnley Game someone is due a good stuffing

Step up West Ham United - after what their fans have been up to they deserve good beating

4-0 to the Mighty Blues
The President

Number of posts : 11149
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v West Ham United

Post  The President on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:42 pm

Lawro's thoughts (for what they are worth)

Everton made a strong start to the season while West Ham's problems were well documented, but things are very different on recent form.
The Toffees have only taken two points from their last four league games and also went out of the EFL Cup.
If you include Wednesday's victory over Chelsea in the same competition, the Hammers have won three in a row and drew the one before that.
So one team has gone five games without a win, the other four without a defeat. Bearing that in mind, I am going for a draw.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 8:35 pm

The President wrote:Lawro's thoughts (for what they are worth)

Everton made a strong start to the season while West Ham's problems were well documented, but things are very different on recent form.
The Toffees have only taken two points from their last four league games and also went out of the EFL Cup.
If you include Wednesday's victory over Chelsea in the same competition, the Hammers have won three in a row and drew the one before that.
So one team has gone five games without a win, the other four without a defeat. Bearing that in mind, I am going for a draw.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

I suspect that Lawro will happily tip us to not win until we do.

That said, I'm tipping a win for West Ham. We are Everton and we enjoy letting our fans down.
Statman

Number of posts : 6908
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 12:15 pm

We are going to get twatted........ Rolling Eyes

the honeymoon period is over
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13014

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:10 pm

200 West Ham fans banned after Wednesday's match. Do they have any left?
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:03 pm

The President wrote:(I have checked the rules and can't find a rule that says I can't start this thread) (the snitchers may prove me wrong Smile )

Well, Pres, to snitch or not to snitch...? Very Happy

No, I don't think there is anything snitch-worthy going on here. As far as I am aware, nothing in the rules prevents a former match thread starter taking up the mantle later in the season. Common courtesy and etiquette would suggest others ought to be given ample chance to start a match thread if they so choose before players pick up their second go. In my opinion (for what that is worth), I would say that the 120 hours or so between our defeat at Burnley being confirmed and you starting the thread on Thursday evening is more than sufficient for someone else to start the match thread had they so chosen to.

If there is something snitchable in your actions, it looks like I'm going down with you (oo-er).

Besides which, we need someone with a good record getting back on top of this shower of shite that has been the last month or so. I fully expect a win now someone reputable is on board.

Number of posts : 12962
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:24 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
The President wrote:(I have checked the rules and can't find a rule that says I can't start this thread) (the snitchers may prove me wrong Smile )

No, I don't think there is anything snitch-worthy going on here. As far as I am aware, nothing in the rules prevents a former match thread starter taking up the mantle later in the season. Common courtesy and etiquette would suggest others ought to be given ample chance to start a match thread if they so choose before players pick up their second go. In my opinion (for what that is worth), I would say that the 120 hours or so between our defeat at Burnley being confirmed and you starting the thread on Thursday evening is more than sufficient for someone else to start the match thread had they so chosen to.

If there is something snitchable in your actions, it looks like I'm going down with you (oo-er).

Besides which, we need someone with a good record getting back on top of this shower of shite that has been the last month or so. I fully expect a win now someone reputable is on board.
If I were still involved in this I'd say BHE was bang to rights to get a deduction for non-confrontational grovelling agreement remarks ... creep deduction Very Happy

Fine him... fine him... the heretic... fine him Twisted Evil
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

If I were still involved in this I'd say BHE was bang to rights to get a deduction for non-confrontational grovelling agreement remarks ... creep deduction Very Happy

Pres..... A word of caution - the rules of the competition are not determined in a count forward mode i.e. must be started within x hours of the last match. They are framed in a counting back i.e. so many hours up to the kickoff leaves the honour to the holder after which....

SO........ Yes, you are correct in your summation that you have not broken any rule as there was a vacancy; but do keep awareness as to how the rules are framed. Of course the use of paralegals is not strictly forbidden and as has proved in this case the advice whilst getting one to the right result might not strictly be the legally proven route.

In some circumstances you can certainly retain the right for "redress of grievance" for poor advice given.... however there is the overriding maxim of "caveat emptor"
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8349

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

What a load of old tosh. If I am Chief Snitcher (which isn't completely clear) then I am merely explaining my reasons for not snitching - nothing to do with grovelling at all, just clarifying my position.

So fuck off! How does that fit in with your 'non-confrontational' perception? Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

What a load of old tosh. If I am Chief Snitcher (which isn't completely clear) then I am merely explaining my reasons for not snitching - nothing to do with grovelling at all, just clarifying my position.

So fuck off! How does that fit in with your 'non-confrontational' perception? Very Happy
cheers I love you
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Pres..... A word of caution - the rules of the competition are not determined in a count forward mode i.e. must be started within x hours of the last match. They are framed in a counting back i.e. so many hours up to the kickoff leaves the honour to the holder after which....

SO........ Yes, you are correct in your summation that you have not broken any rule as there was a vacancy; but do keep awareness as to how the rules are framed. Of course the use of paralegals is not strictly forbidden and as has proved in this case the advice whilst getting one to the right result might not strictly be the legally proven route.

In some circumstances you can certainly retain the right for "redress of grievance" for poor advice given.... however there is the overriding maxim of "caveat emptor"

My point wasn't regarding rules, but simply etiquette. You can break etiquette, but still be within the rules - the Shite have a history of it which is one of the many reasons why they are so loathsome. The Pres is not like the Shite - he allows ample opportunity for someone who hasn't started a match thread to do so before recognising that there is a gap in the Match Thread history and acts accordingly. I applaud him for that.

I should add the Shite have a history for breaking the rules too, loathsome c*nts that they are.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 6:28 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

My point wasn't regarding rules, but simply etiquette. You can break etiquette, but still be within the rules - the Shite have a history of it which is one of the many reasons why they are so loathsome. The Pres is not like the Shite - he allows ample opportunity for someone who hasn't started a match thread to do so before recognising that there is a gap in the Match Thread history and acts accordingly. I applaud him for that.

I should add the Shite have a history for breaking the rules too, loathsome c*nts that they are.
I can wholeheartedly agree that they are Shoite by name shoite by nature. Methinks you thinks I was a being critical... And I do agree that Pres did the decent thing in waiting for someone to step up.

I would but like the Royal Family ... I have a bar on threading...

Best of luck Pres...
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8349

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 6:54 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

I can wholeheartedly agree that they are Shoite by name shoite by nature. Methinks you thinks I was a being critical... And I do agree that Pres did the decent thing in waiting for someone to step up.

I would but like the Royal Family ... I have a bar on threading...

Best of luck Pres...
boooo .. getting way too nice on this league

boooooo
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

You what?
Statman

Number of posts : 6908
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:21 pm

Cup of tea prepared, breakfast to follow. But first, the Hammers.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm

Oh fook me, you guys had your daylight savings time last night? Shit, I am an hour early. I was wondering what was going on when there was no updates on the BBC 10 minutes (actually 70 minutes) before kick-off....
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

Jags dropped to the bench, Stek out injured. Baines still out too.

We're going to need to score a few today.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23368

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Jags dropped to the bench, Stek out injured.  Baines still out too.

4 hopefully
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:47 pm

1Robles
23Coleman
5Williams
25Funes Mori
20Oviedo
17Gueye
18Barry
8Barkley
11Mirallas
10R Lukaku
14Bolasie
Substitutes
6Jagielka
7Deulofeu
12Lennon
15Cleverley
29Calvert-Lewin
30Holgate
41Hewelt
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm

This is really annoying
I HAVE to go out and will only be back for the last 5 minutes or so
We better be at least 3-0 up by then

COME ON YOU BLUES
The President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 1:02 pm

It'll be interesting to see how Barkley does today. We are in dire needs of a CM who can dictate play and attack the defence. A couple of years ago I think we were all saying that Barkley was the future man for that, but he has not been that good as of late.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 1:21 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Jags dropped to the bench, Stek out injured.  Baines still out too.

Interesting that Jags is on the bench. I suppose it's Koeman sending a message (again) that no one is safe if not performing up to his standards.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 1:24 pm

I absolutely love the player's tunnel at Goodison. A proper old fashioned narrow tunnel.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 1:31 pm

And we are underway!
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 1:36 pm

That was a great Hammers chance, thankfully Coleman does very well to defend the cross.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top