Re: Chelsea v Everton

Post  The President on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:29 pm

Statman wrote:
The President wrote:3-0

I'm not going to watch anymore Sad
Spoiled my night - going to find a film to watch

Everton have spoiled my life.

I know what you mean

I have it on record ..... just in case lol!
The President

Number of posts : 11402
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:33 pm

HT 3-0 -- 39% - 0 shots on - 0 shots off - 0 corners

fucking hell Embarassed
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33235
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellcool on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:47 pm

this is just one of those days when you just have to doff your hat and say "well played". awesome from Chelsea. Poor from us, but too late now... Just pride to play for
Ellcool

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:47 pm

4-0.. but yey... we've had a corner Rolling Eyes
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Ugh Sad
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4866
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:56 pm

Crying or Very sad

still 25 minutes fucking left

Last edited by Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellcool on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 6:56 pm

jesus...
Ellcool

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 7:18 pm

Says something when you are watching a game and have your fingers crossed that the scoreline only stays at 5-0!
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4866

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm

Sometimes, you just need to accept that you have a bad day at the office.
Back to basics after this.
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3903
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 7:24 pm

FT 5-0 -- 40% - 0 shots on - 1 shots off - 2 corners

embarrassing
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 7:30 pm

2 page thread, says plenty, we were an embarrassment
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6861

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 7:53 pm

Question some of our defending for goals yes but Chelsea are on another planet at the moment - same team every week and winning effortlessly- we had a Gana sized hole in midfield- Davies should have started but still would not have kept the score down. Chelsea would have hammered anyone tonight. Just take it on the chin and move on

Number of posts : 26831
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 7:56 pm

Glad I missed this one. Need to bounce back against Swansea on the 19th.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18461
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 11:40 pm

My son had a hockey game right as this game kicked off so I recorded it and when I came home I sat down and watched it. I probably shouldn't have bothered. My thoughts on the game....

Chelsea were very impressive, lots of one-touch passing which made our players run around like headless chicken. But it's not just the one touches, it's the technical ability from pretty much their entire team. They just made it look easy playing their way out from difficult spots. Comparing Costa's (or really any player) technical ability to Lukaku for instance and it's like it was an EPL team vs. an amateur side. I can't understand why Lukaku doesn't practise one touches on the training ground. Or maybe he does, but he's just incapable of trapping the ball.

The movement with and without the ball was like night and day between the teams. Chelsea always had several options to play the ball because of the players making themselves available in space. We on the other hand, were closed down all over the pitch and had to hoof the ball away pretty much the entire first 70 minutes when Chelsea (finally) decided that 5 goals probably should do it and let up. Up until then they had pressured us all over the pitch allowing us no time on the ball. When we had the ball, the options a lot of times were so limited the ball was passed straight back to a Chelsea player. Very frustrating.

But credit where it's due - the 4th and 5th goals were fantastic. The 4th had 23 passes leading up to it, and the 5th showed Chelsea's desire to attack to make it 5 with several players joining in on the attack. I actually don't think Stek had made a single save before the 4th goal. Clinical.

And to think that we were actually lucky - Coleman should have been sent off after 7 minutes. When the 2nd goal went in, I thought to myself "this could get ugly, 5-0?" Simply men against boys from the get go.

The midfield was, well, were they even playing? Barkley and Cleverly were invisible. I know Berry played because he lost possession for their second goal and was booked later on. Come to think of it, Cleverly did play because Costa went by him one time on the hour mark like Cleverly wasn't even there. The CM's were outplayed the entire game until there were about 15 minutes left when Chelsea, thankfully, took the foot off the pedal. The "star" players didn't show up at all. Lukaku? Barkley? Bolasie?

And don't even get me started on the defending of set pieces. "Holy crap" is all I am going to say about that.

It's hard to believe the possession stats were 60/40. I bet that after 70 minutes it must have been closer to 70/30, or even 75/25. It felt that way anyway.

And to top it all off, this was the Saturday game of the week in the USA with the late kick-off. Don't think Everton gained a single fan in the US after that "performance". Chelsea on the other hand probably gained some fans from Man Utd or City.

And breath.... Mad Mad
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65938

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 11:43 pm

I guess I could have just copied this from the BBC:

Everton spent the majority of the game penned in their own half and did not manage a shot on target in the entire 90 minutes as Chelsea produced a ruthless and dominant performance.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65938

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 1:00 am

Well that was a good choice for my first game of the season... fucking freezing my bollocks off watching us get utterly destroyed. I've never been in an away end that emptied quite as quickly as ours did today. A load of fans fucked off at half time, and by the time we left with three minutes to go, it was deserted.

I thought Chelsea were absolutely fucking brilliant. The gulf was astonishing. We were pretty shit.

Sack everyone.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23604

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 7:20 am

hairy cataract wrote:Well that was a good choice for my first game of the season... fucking freezing my bollocks off watching us get utterly destroyed. I've never been in an away end that emptied quite as quickly as ours did today. A load of fans fucked off at half time, and by the time we left with three minutes to go, it was deserted.

I thought Chelsea were absolutely fucking brilliant. The gulf was astonishing. We were pretty shit.

Sack everyone.

Feel for you

At least all I had to do was change channel at half time
The President

Number of posts : 11402

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 10:20 am

by the way... Stek was fucking pathetic for goals 1, 2 .. Luiz was offside & in the way for no 3.. goal 4 was class... 5 a lucky bounce out

boooooooooooooooooo
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 11:48 am

On the way back, my mate was really moaning about how shit we were, but I have to admit I didn't think we were particularly shit, no worse than we have been. Chelsea were just massively too good for us, and we met them at their absolute peak. If we'd played them when the Shite did, we might have come away with something, but right now they're the best team in the league by a mile. Whether they can sustain it, I'm not sure, but I hope they do because I expect the title race to be between them and the Shite, especially as neither has European games.

The only finger I can point at us was that our defence looked shambolic in the first twenty minutes, and that seemed to be because we were playing an unfamiliar system. But that probably only made the difference between a 5-0 defeat and maybe a 3-0 defeat. We did look leaden and lacking in any neat ball players all the way through, but we've looked like that all season and all of last season too. I think Koeman will have almost written off this season and is badgering the board for a massive amount of money to rebuild next summer.

But fuck me it was cold.

And I heard some Chelsea fans commenting that, when they spanked Manure the other week, all the Mancs stayed right til the end, and they couldn't believe how quickly our fans had left. I'm thinking that might be something to do with how cold it was yesterday, and also that most of the Mancs probably lived in London and didn't have trains to catch.

It was nice to see Davies get a few minutes. He looked good, very eager. And then he gave the ball away (like Barry had been doing all afternoon) Rolling Eyes

Oh, and Jags looks poor this season. We need two new centre backs. Williams is okay if a bit old, but Funes Mori and Jags are looking second rate to me.

Oh yes, and... BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23604

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 11:54 pm

I'm an Atheist but my wife is Catholic. Perhaps more importantly, so are her family, so being the easy going fella I am, I agreed to christen our daughters. Yesterday we crhistened our new baby Alba. The game kicked off at the same time as the christening. I never thought I'd see the day when I was glad to be in a church rather than watching Everton.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3280
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Mon 07 Nov 2016, 12:29 pm

Thankfully I didn't watch it.

To me if seems quite odd that we had the best defensive record in the league and then change the line so drastically against one of the big inform teams away from home.

Echos of the Palace fiasco x2 by Bobby.

The only forced change was Gana so why up heave the defence and once again drop Joel after a decent display
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13133

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 07 Nov 2016, 1:27 pm

From someone I know who went to the game...

So went to Chelsea v Everton on Saturday on a freebie. My 'hospitality' seat was in the middle tier of the East stand (the oldest stand) in line with the six yard box line in front of the North Stand. I got a padded seat, programme, access to the 'Managers Lounge' with free coffee and tea and lager at 5 a pint and hot dogs at 4 a pop. The face value on the ticket was 169 Season tickets for that area are 3600 and there is a waiting list of 500+ people for just that area. Mental.
Super

Number of posts : 36032
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 07 Nov 2016, 1:36 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Thankfully I didn't watch it.

To me if seems quite odd that we had the best defensive record in the league and then change the line so drastically against one of the big inform teams away from home.

Echos of the Palace fiasco x2 by Bobby.

The only forced change was Gana so why up heave the defence and once again drop Joel after a decent display

It helps that we haven't had to play anyone good yet, bar City who we were very fortunate against. It's going to be a long couple of months.

Number of posts : 13089

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top