Everton v Swansea

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  The President on Sat 19 Nov - 16:53

Vic scores again for Sunderland
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11394
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 19 Nov - 16:53

1-1. Phenomenal. Fantastic. Best league in the world.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65935
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 19 Nov - 16:54

FULL-TIME
Southampton 0-0 Liverpool
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65935
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  The President on Sat 19 Nov - 16:55

That point moves Swansea to bottom of the league - how poor were we
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11394
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 19 Nov - 16:59

Typical post international break performance. Think the honeymoon is officially over for Ronald. Not looking good going into tough month or so now.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26830
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 19 Nov - 17:46

avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33215
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Armchair on Sat 19 Nov - 18:31

Our crossing was woeful today. We had 10 corners and I bet Fabianski caught all of them.

Gueye is sensational though.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18436
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Sat 19 Nov - 20:41

A draw snatched from the jaws of defeat. This is just a sticky patch we are going through. I hope. Neutral
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3903
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 19 Nov - 22:07

New manager, same shit. Looks like this season is a write off and I just hope that, by this time next year: 1. Koeman has replaced 75% of the squad and 2. Moshiri has signed a contract to build a new ground by the docks. Otherwise they can both fuck off.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23602
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sun 20 Nov - 3:06

All gone a bit flat innit.
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3275
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Da Judge on Sun 20 Nov - 13:35

hairy cataract wrote:New manager, same shit.  Looks like this season is a write off and I just hope that, by this time next year: 1. Koeman has replaced 75% of the squad and 2. Moshiri has signed a contract to build a new ground by the docks.  Otherwise they can both fuck off.  

Croxteth is still being muted... (actually think some in the council want us tucked away out there)..... I believe Moshiri wants the docks and there are rumours the Shoite may be crapping themselves as to how it may all turn out - commercially and aesthetically plus the associated publicity ..... thus the squeeze and nudge towards Croxteth....

Not sure we need to bin 75%.... we do need them all playing to the way they are being coached and expected to play.... we have a good talent pipeline (better than most EPL clubs) and it is generally homegrown. I would strongly fancy us to get 2 out 3 of Depay, Mkhatiryan(??) and Schneiderlin. The Sturridge thing is paper talk I believe..

I do think Jags is nearing the end and am hopeful that Galloway (recalled), Colgate, Funes Mori can develop quicker to be a partner for Williams for next year....

We need full back coverage both sides .....

avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8487
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 20 Nov - 14:54

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:New manager, same shit.  Looks like this season is a write off and I just hope that, by this time next year: 1. Koeman has replaced 75% of the squad and 2. Moshiri has signed a contract to build a new ground by the docks.  Otherwise they can both fuck off.  

Croxteth is still being muted... (actually think some in the council want us tucked away out there)..... I believe Moshiri wants the docks and there are rumours the Shoite may be crapping themselves as to how it may all turn out - commercially and aesthetically plus the associated publicity ..... thus the squeeze and nudge towards Croxteth....

Not sure we need to bin 75%.... we do need them all playing to the way they are being coached and expected to play.... we have a good talent pipeline (better than most EPL clubs) and it is generally homegrown. I would strongly fancy us to get 2 out 3 of Depay, Mkhatiryan(??) and Schneiderlin. The Sturridge thing is paper talk I believe..

I do think Jags is nearing the end and am hopeful that Galloway (recalled), Colgate, Funes Mori can develop quicker to be a partner for Williams for next year....

We need full back coverage both sides .....

We need cover all over the pitch to be fair, but I am unclear as to why there is not more talk about the midfield. The midfield is what makes the team tick, and ours simply doesn't. Looking at the players individually (Barkley, Barry (to a lesser extent), Gana, Mirallas, Foofoo, etc) they are tallented players. But it simply doesn't really work as a unit. Successful teams have great midfields.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65935
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 20 Nov - 16:17

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:New manager, same shit.  Looks like this season is a write off and I just hope that, by this time next year: 1. Koeman has replaced 75% of the squad and 2. Moshiri has signed a contract to build a new ground by the docks.  Otherwise they can both fuck off.  

Croxteth is still being muted... (actually think some in the council want us tucked away out there)..... I believe Moshiri wants the docks and there are rumours the Shoite may be crapping themselves as to how it may all turn out - commercially and aesthetically plus the associated publicity ..... thus the squeeze and nudge towards Croxteth....

Not sure we need to bin 75%.... we do need them all playing to the way they are being coached and expected to play.... we have a good talent pipeline (better than most EPL clubs) and it is generally homegrown. I would strongly fancy us to get 2 out 3 of Depay, Mkhatiryan(??) and Schneiderlin. The Sturridge thing is paper talk I believe..

I do think Jags is nearing the end and am hopeful that Galloway (recalled), Colgate, Funes Mori can develop quicker to be a partner for Williams for next year....

We need full back coverage both sides .....

We need cover all over the pitch to be fair, but I am unclear as to why there is not more talk about the midfield. The midfield is what makes the team tick, and ours simply doesn't. Looking at the players individually (Barkley, Barry (to a lesser extent), Gana, Mirallas, Foofoo, etc) they are tallented players. But it simply doesn't really work as a unit. Successful teams have great midfields.

I'd imagine that Koeman would want to keep Lukaku, Bolasie, Guaye, Barkley, Williams, Barry, Coleman, Baines and replace everyone else in the squad, except maybe Davies and Holgate and a few other youngsters. Williams and Barry are short term, cos of age, and Baines seems to be fading too. I think over the next 18 months there will be an almost total replacement of the squad. And of course Lukaku will probably go in the summer too. Our squad is okay but very few of them look capable of playing the modern pressing game that Koeman favours. Now that they are fitter, we should be seeing them starting to get it, but I think very few are. New blood needed.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23602
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Lumper on Sun 20 Nov - 17:32

Was the game yesterday. The most exciting thing to happen was some lad being sick over everyone in the upper bullins Laughing I was seriously questioning my life choices watching that. Colemans goal didn't really help to cover up the obvious problems that exists with some of our squad. I agree with a need to totally rip apart that squad cause we won't get close to the next level and the fact that we missed Barry so badly is both worrying and depressing. I also thought Tom Davies should have started as McCarthy and Gana didn't work. If the lad was going to get some experience it should have been yesterday against a team at the bottom of the table.
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5862
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Swansea

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum