7 year deal for Barry cheers
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: New signings.....

Post  Super on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 10:49 am

Midfielder Gareth Barry and defenders Leighton Baines and Mason Holgate have all signed new contracts with Everton.

Barry, 35, has extended his deal until June 2018, while 32-year-old Baines has committed to the club until June 2019.

Holgate, 20, who was handed his Premier League debut by manager Ronald Koeman on the first day of the season, has signed a five-year extension.

Koeman said the experienced Barry and Baines were "leaders in our dressing room and on the pitch".

"For younger players, they are a little bit like teachers. They have that experience and young players need to listen to them for they will learn," he added.

The Dutchman said Holgate is "one of the big talents" at the club.
Super

Number of posts : 35802
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 10:56 am

Barry - Ok I suppose... 1 more season to June 2018 isn't a disaster.. but he is an old cunt now at 35 & we have enough DM's to bin him really

Baines - Pleased .. although he's getting on now at 32.. giving him till June 2019 is good with me... he still has a lot to offer if he can stop getting crocked.. he has been injured a lot lately & maybe that is somewhat related to age

Holgate - Great - June 2021.. would have liked to see it longer tbh... has looked a very good player & will get better hopefully,.... could be a big player for us as time goes by in a league that has a lot of shit defenders
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 11:22 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Barry - Ok I suppose... 1 more season to June 2018 isn't a disaster.. but he is an old cunt now at 35 & we have enough DM's to bin him really

Baines - Pleased .. although he's getting on now at 32.. giving him till June 2019 is good with me... he still has a lot to offer if he can stop getting crocked.. he has been injured a lot lately & maybe that is somewhat related to age

Holgate - Great - June 2021.. would have liked to see it longer tbh... has looked a very good player & will get better hopefully,.... could be a big player for us as time goes by in a league that has a lot of shit defenders

Think four years is the standard for a player of his age to be honest. In a couple of years, we'll know exactly how good he is and he would have earned a pay rise (as I imagine that, in Prem standards, he's quite cheap right now). If he doesn't make it (to coin a phrase) then our exposure isn't so great as it would be with a longer contract. Either way, by being on a four year contract he'll get what he deserves in a couple of years time.

Number of posts : 12962
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top