Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:53 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:It's all a bit of a shame, cos I'd love to see this side develop under Koeman, built around a rejuvinated Ross (now he's been given a freer role), a barnstorming Lukaku (who has developed into the best striker we've seen at Goodison since Lineker, and possibly even longer than that), and a fantastic young prospect in Davies (who, as a rampaging box to box midfielder and a local lad to boot, is giving us something we haven't seen in years). †With Gueye looking back to his pre-African Cup of Nations best, Schneiderlin looking a top signing, and lads like Lookman, Holgate and Calvert-Lewin on the bench and ready to break through, we're probably only two centre-backs, maybe a left-back, and another striking option away from being a very decent outfit.


The Longer he stays the lower the fee we get. That said the longer he stays the more I like CL football in 2 years time. Maybe then he stays

yes, this is the dilemma. †Imagine if he says, okay I'll stay another year or maybe two but I won't sign a new contract. †He'll be able to leave age 25 at no fee, and command stratospheric wages. †And he still won't even be at his peak! †But we get zero pence. †I dunno, I think I might take that....

I suppose we don't need the money nowadays but I bet Mosh didn't make his fortune by releasing £70m assests for £0m.
But we wouldn't be releasing a £70m asset for £0, we'd be utilizing that asset over the course of two seasons, at around £30m a season. †Considering we've got a player who cost not far short of that in the treatment room for a year, and as KoelJagz said, Spurs have spunked more than that on Sissoko who is a dud, then hey ho. †And of course it's not my money Very Happy
Even if he runs his contract down, isn't there still some kind of fee due?
I seem to recall a team getting a nominal amount in the same circumstances.

If the player is the product of a youth academy and aged 23 years or younger at the point of sale. So in this case, there would be no fee payable if his contract ran down.

We may have money now, but no business man would allow a £70m assets value to reduce to zero on what was essentially a gamble that we could get into the Champions League by keeping him against his will.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 12962
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  The President on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:46 pm

Does talk like this push the price up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39370381

Or is only RM talking
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11169
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:55 pm

The President wrote:Does talk like this push the price up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39370381

Or is only RM talking
I sense malevolence......
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5689
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:50 pm

The President wrote:Does talk like this push the price up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39370381

Or is only RM talking

Does anyone listen to RM anymore (apart from the Belgian FA like).
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3187
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  KoelJagz on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm

The 'good news' just keeps on rolling day. Lukaku still talking. Although the decision can only me made if the club actually decide to sell him! Cant just walk out the door with 2 years left on a contract.

Romelu Lukaku says a decision has been made regarding his Everton future but he stopped short of confirming the details in his latest comments.
The Belgian international made waves last week when he reportedly informed the club that he will not be extending his current deal and then spelled out his frustrations to the media at what he perceived to be a lack of ambition or urgency at Goodison Park when it came to new signings during the last two transfer windows.

While Lukaku did not express his desire to leave Everton on the record, it appeared, based on the reporting from journalists who were present, that he did indicate at some point that he had made a definitive decision.

And comments attributed to him today by Sky Sports would seem to back that up, although he wouldn't confirm it outright and it leaves plenty of room for interpretation either way.

"The decision has already been made so I can't talk about that," the striker said.

"There is nothing wrong with ambition. You have to embrace it and where you are as a footballer.

"I've [come] a long way until now but the road is still long and I know I have to improve and get better. I want to help Everton as much as I can, as well as the national team. I think a lot of stuff can be achieved.

"Sometimes people will mistake things that I say but it's just ambition that I have; I want to win titles and trophies and I don't think people should take that as arrogance - people should embrace it.

"This is what footballers need to achieve if they want to become the best, and I think young kids need to learn that too."

Lukaku, who is currently away on international duty with Belgium where he often talks freely about his career with local media, is believed to have been offered a new five-year contract by Everton that could be worth as much as £140,000 a week.

He apparently agreed to spend one more season at Goodison when he met with incoming manager Ronald Koeman last summer and, based on his recent rhetoric, does not seem to have been persuaded in the interim that Everton can deliver his ambition of playing in the Champions League in short enough order.

The Blues currently sit six points off the top four with nine games left but Manchester United in fifth and Arsenal in sixth have played two games fewer and Koeman still has to take his team to Anfield, Old Trafford and the Emirates Stadium between now and the end of the season.

While Lukaku may elect not to extend his stay at Everton, the club could still insist that he honour his contract which still has two years to run.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26770
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 1:46 am

Few rumours about that he is gonna make an announcement tomorrow, I have a sneaky feeling he is gonna sign an extended contract with us ( then fuckoff ). The way he ran to the Gladys st was a clue I think Very Happy
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6629
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Blue gazza on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:35 pm

Chelsea have made Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, their main summer transfer target. Very Happy
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6629
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 8:40 am

Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata.

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23370
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:28 am

hairy cataract wrote:Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata. †

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
what sweets are on offer ??
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  KoelJagz on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

Alot of nonsense today alright. Post-internationals news deprivation. Ironic that Daily Express front cover revelling in A50 nonsense but their back pages is full of news on 'foreign' players.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26770
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:58 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata. †

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
what sweets are on offer ??
if its rhubarb and custard drops then they might edge it
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25291
Age : 53
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata. †

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
what sweets are on offer ??
if its rhubarb and custard drops then they might edge it

Sky are reporting it may be Fruit Salads
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23370
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata. †

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
what sweets are on offer ??
if its rhubarb and custard drops then they might edge it

Sky are reporting it may be Fruit Salads
won't be fruit salads then.. good I fucking hate them.. way too sticky.. Jaffa biscuits would seal it for me
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  sefton on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:14 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata. †

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
what sweets are on offer ??
if its rhubarb and custard drops then they might edge it

Sky are reporting it may be Fruit Salads
won't be fruit salads then.. good I fucking hate them.. way too sticky.. Jaffa biscuits would seal it for me


Chocolate logs would seal the deal. lol!
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9162
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:03 pm

sefton wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Papers have Chelsea and Man U battling it out for £70m Lukaku, unless Chelsea decide they would prefer Alvaro Morata. †

In which case Man U will probably offer us £30m plus Wayne Rooney and a bag of sweets.
what sweets are on offer ??
if its rhubarb and custard drops then they might edge it

Sky are reporting it may be Fruit Salads
won't be fruit salads then.. good I fucking hate them.. way too sticky.. Jaffa biscuits would seal it for me


Chocolate logs would seal the deal. lol!

I just did one of those. Most satisfying.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 12962
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  The President on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:10 am

Does he deserve our vote ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39429946

I voted for him
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11169
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Armchair on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 10:09 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-plays-down-talk-10155843



Romelu Lukaku has played down talk of a summer move away from Everton, claiming he wants to "make history" at Goodison Park.

The Belgian has scored 28 times in 35 appearances in all competitions this season and has attracted interest from teams around Europe.

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the man they sold for £28million in 2014 while Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain are long-term admirers.

But Lukaku, who has previously hinted he would consider leaving at the end of the season, has unfinished business at Everton.

"I want to create history at the club," said Lukaku. "I want to push for a top four spot and I think we have to aim for this. Personally, I just want to improve and become a better player than I am today."

If Lukaku continues his current rate of progression, he could well be making history at Everton soon. His goal tally has increased every season since moving to the North West and the 23-year-old believes his all-round game has improved dramatically.

Lukaku, speaking to EASPORTS.com , said: "I think Iíve proven that Iíve improved every part of my game. I have always been scoring goals and now the quality of goals I am scoring is better. I can now create chances to score for myself, and I have scored a free kick this year too.

"I have been scoring a lot more headers and my overall finishing has improved a lot. My overall play has improved but I want to give a lot more as I go through my journey in football."


Sign the contract then!
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18154
Age : 36
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  KoelJagz on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 10:30 am

Armchair wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-plays-down-talk-10155843



Romelu Lukaku has played down talk of a summer move away from Everton, claiming he wants to "make history" at Goodison Park.

The Belgian has scored 28 times in 35 appearances in all competitions this season and has attracted interest from teams around Europe.

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the man they sold for £28million in 2014 while Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain are long-term admirers.

But Lukaku, who has previously hinted he would consider leaving at the end of the season, has unfinished business at Everton.

"I want to create history at the club," said Lukaku. "I want to push for a top four spot and I think we have to aim for this. Personally, I just want to improve and become a better player than I am today."

If Lukaku continues his current rate of progression, he could well be making history at Everton soon. His goal tally has increased every season since moving to the North West and the 23-year-old believes his all-round game has improved dramatically.

Lukaku, speaking to EASPORTS.com , said: "I think Iíve proven that Iíve improved every part of my game. I have always been scoring goals and now the quality of goals I am scoring is better. I can now create chances to score for myself, and I have scored a free kick this year too.

"I have been scoring a lot more headers and my overall finishing has improved a lot. My overall play has improved but I want to give a lot more as I go through my journey in football."


Sign the contract then!

Last two games won't have done him any favours anyway. Can't see any takers willing to pay £50m plus based on those two performances!

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26770
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:14 am

KoelJagz wrote:
Armchair wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-plays-down-talk-10155843



Romelu Lukaku has played down talk of a summer move away from Everton, claiming he wants to "make history" at Goodison Park.

The Belgian has scored 28 times in 35 appearances in all competitions this season and has attracted interest from teams around Europe.

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the man they sold for £28million in 2014 while Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain are long-term admirers.

But Lukaku, who has previously hinted he would consider leaving at the end of the season, has unfinished business at Everton.

"I want to create history at the club," said Lukaku. "I want to push for a top four spot and I think we have to aim for this. Personally, I just want to improve and become a better player than I am today."

If Lukaku continues his current rate of progression, he could well be making history at Everton soon. His goal tally has increased every season since moving to the North West and the 23-year-old believes his all-round game has improved dramatically.

Lukaku, speaking to EASPORTS.com , said: "I think Iíve proven that Iíve improved every part of my game. I have always been scoring goals and now the quality of goals I am scoring is better. I can now create chances to score for myself, and I have scored a free kick this year too.

"I have been scoring a lot more headers and my overall finishing has improved a lot. My overall play has improved but I want to give a lot more as I go through my journey in football."


Sign the contract then!

Last two games won't have done him any favours anyway. Can't see any takers willing to pay £50m plus based on those two performances!
I agree.. if he'd had stormers against the 'big boys' of the shite & Manure then maybe a different tale
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  sefton on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
KoelJagz wrote:
Armchair wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-plays-down-talk-10155843



Romelu Lukaku has played down talk of a summer move away from Everton, claiming he wants to "make history" at Goodison Park.

The Belgian has scored 28 times in 35 appearances in all competitions this season and has attracted interest from teams around Europe.

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the man they sold for £28million in 2014 while Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain are long-term admirers.

But Lukaku, who has previously hinted he would consider leaving at the end of the season, has unfinished business at Everton.

"I want to create history at the club," said Lukaku. "I want to push for a top four spot and I think we have to aim for this. Personally, I just want to improve and become a better player than I am today."

If Lukaku continues his current rate of progression, he could well be making history at Everton soon. His goal tally has increased every season since moving to the North West and the 23-year-old believes his all-round game has improved dramatically.

Lukaku, speaking to EASPORTS.com , said: "I think Iíve proven that Iíve improved every part of my game. I have always been scoring goals and now the quality of goals I am scoring is better. I can now create chances to score for myself, and I have scored a free kick this year too.

"I have been scoring a lot more headers and my overall finishing has improved a lot. My overall play has improved but I want to give a lot more as I go through my journey in football."


Sign the contract then!

Last two games won't have done him any favours anyway. Can't see any takers willing to pay £50m plus based on those two performances!
I agree.. if he'd had stormers against the 'big boys' of the shite & Manure then maybe a different tale

Lukaku wants to leave In the summer? His ambitions to want to play In the CL ? Firstly you got to play like a CL player, at the moment Lukaku may well leave but? he will be sorry to leave Everton as he will move to a bigger club but? spend a lot of time on the bench.
He's not a team player so will struggle to make It big.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9162
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

Same old, same old.

"I'm fucking brilliant me....just not against teams above us in the league"...
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13015
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 8:59 pm

Had Calvert-Lewin had a year's more experience, Big Luke would have at least 1 goal last night,
and if Barks could have kept up with him late in the second half, maybe Luke would have laid on an easy tap in for him.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5689
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Rotterdam 1985 on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Had Calvert-Lewin had a year's more experience, Big Luke would have at least 1 goal last night,
and if Barks could have kept up with him late in the second half, maybe Luke would have laid on an easy tap in for him.

I'm not so sure, Lukaku had his head-down-and-shoot-from-anywhere head on last night. Trying too hard to prove he could do it against the big clubs, probably.
avatar
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 10618
Age : 47
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:21 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Had Calvert-Lewin had a year's more experience, Big Luke would have at least 1 goal last night,
and if Barks could have kept up with him late in the second half, maybe Luke would have laid on an easy tap in for him.

I'm not so sure, Lukaku had his head-down-and-shoot-from-anywhere head on last night. Trying too hard to prove he could do it against the big clubs, probably.
You're on the money there.
Let me be the hero!!!!!


btw what's all this about?
http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/04/romelu-lukaku-in-huge-bust-up-with-ashley-williams-in-evertons-draw-with-manchester-united-6554401/
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5689
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  The President on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 5:08 am

Chelsea's deal to sign Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, from Everton is almost done, according to reports in Italy.(Metro)

avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11169
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum