Everton v Chelsea

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:43 pm

Such poor defending by us there. Terrible. That ball went past the wall like the wall was not even there.

And then having to watch Conte celebrate like a mad man made it all that worse.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:43 pm

We have a freekick 25 yards out. Mirallas takes it and hits it about 5 yards over the bar.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:45 pm

GOAL - Middlesbrough 2-1 Manchester City
Calum Chambers
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:47 pm

GOAL - Middlesbrough 2-2 Manchester City
Gabriel Jesus
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:48 pm

So, Kone still on the pitch then? I have no idea.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:49 pm

0-3, Willian. Carved open like a turkey at Thanksgiving.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:50 pm

The crowd is starting to clear out.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:51 pm

We have played Chelsea twice this season: 0-5 and now 0-3 with minutes left....
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:53 pm

And there will be 3 minutes of added Lexus time.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:57 pm

Full time, 0-3.

It's easy to say that we are just not good enough, but I feel it all comes down to the midfield. We are having a very hard time bossing games in the middle of the park when we are playing top teams. Barkley ends up in blind alleys, Davies works very hard but not much is created, Gueye is similar to Davies and did a good job marking Hazard, but ultimately they are not good enough for a CL finishing team. And that's where we are at the moment. I do think we really missed Schneiderlin in the middle.

And why did DCL start again? Apart from that chance at the very beginning, where was he? Not sure why Lookman can't get more playing time. DCL must have some pics of Koeman with some lady...
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:01 pm

As against Chelsea at the Bridge, and Spurs at White Hart Lane, we are miles away from the top sides. We are definitely the 7th best team in the league, but the gap between the top 6 and 7th is like it's another league.

We need an completely new defence, with the exception of Coleman, and we need most of a new midfield. I thought Pip was right when he said Tom Davies was the only one showing any intensity, trying to make things happen. Can't see who will bid £70m for Luka, but assuming he goes I think we might as well flog Ross too and start again. We need a creative number 10, two strikers, a new winger/wingback, two new central defenders, a new goalie - minimum.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23370
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:09 pm

I can see Rooney being a better and better option for us, especially if we (allegedly) can get him on a free. He could play right in front of the midfield close to the top man/men. I am starting to warm up to him coming back more and more.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65090
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:22 pm

We were completely outplayed. Apart from the Calvert-Lewin chance, we created nothing. Fair play to Chelsea, they are an excellent side. Scary that they can bring a player like Fabregas off the bench.

We need to spend big in the summer. Even of nobody leaves, we still need a to strengthen. Would love to see Asmir Begovic and Michael Keane come in first (Ben Gibson if we can't get Keane).

If Lukaku does go, and I think he will, we will struggle to get anybody with his goalscoring record. Rooney would be good, and personally I see him still as a striker rather than a midfielder. I hope Barkley stays, as I think he will have a great next season once he is used to Koeman's tactics. If he does go though, I don't think he will be that difficult to replace.

avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20979
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 5:54 pm

One big difference, is how Chelsea managed the ref.
2 free kicks, when players deliberately rubbed out the ref's white line. The Azpilazippo one, when he walked out the refs 10 yards, deserved a second yellow, but that wasn't going to happen was it. No action taken on either occasion to resquirt the line.
6 subs, 4 drops to the floor with feigned injury, one trainer on for Sideshow, and 3 goal celebrations. Time Added? 3 minutes. While it was never going to make a difference, and probably to save us more sadness, SAF would never had stood for any of this.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5689
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Statman on Mon 01 May 2017, 12:39 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I really don't care much for the manager Conte - always screaming and bitching and punching the air when they score. Settle down you clown.
Imagine being a fan sat near that crazy fucker.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6908
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Statman on Mon 01 May 2017, 12:48 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:One big difference, is how Chelsea managed the ref.
2 free kicks, when players deliberately rubbed out the ref's white line. The Azpilazippo one, when he walked out the refs 10 yards, deserved a second yellow, but that wasn't going to happen was it. No action taken on either occasion to resquirt the line.
6 subs, 4 drops to the floor with feigned injury, one trainer on for Sideshow, and 3 goal celebrations. Time Added? 3 minutes. While it was never going to make a difference, and probably to save us more sadness, SAF would never had stood for any of this.
I read somewhere that Luis' 'treatment' lasted 2 minutes.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6908
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Da Judge on Mon 01 May 2017, 6:28 pm

Statman wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:One big difference, is how Chelsea managed the ref.
2 free kicks, when players deliberately rubbed out the ref's white line. The Azpilazippo one, when he walked out the refs 10 yards, deserved a second yellow, but that wasn't going to happen was it. No action taken on either occasion to resquirt the line.
6 subs, 4 drops to the floor with feigned injury, one trainer on for Sideshow, and 3 goal celebrations. Time Added? 3 minutes. While it was never going to make a difference, and probably to save us more sadness, SAF would never had stood for any of this.
I read somewhere that Luis' 'treatment' lasted 2 minutes.

Actually what was interesting is that John Moss actively put his hand out consistently to stop attendants from coming onto the pitch... except for Luis who did take two minutes.

His only blemish was as Yank says the overlooking of the dissent of Azpilicueta in pacing out the 10..... and also not forcing the wall back behind the foam.

avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8351
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 02 May 2017, 9:01 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Statman wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:One big difference, is how Chelsea managed the ref.
2 free kicks, when players deliberately rubbed out the ref's white line. The Azpilazippo one, when he walked out the refs 10 yards, deserved a second yellow, but that wasn't going to happen was it. No action taken on either occasion to resquirt the line.
6 subs, 4 drops to the floor with feigned injury, one trainer on for Sideshow, and 3 goal celebrations. Time Added? 3 minutes. While it was never going to make a difference, and probably to save us more sadness, SAF would never had stood for any of this.
I read somewhere that Luis' 'treatment' lasted 2 minutes.

Actually what was interesting is that John Moss actively put his hand out consistently to stop attendants from coming onto the pitch... except for Luis who did take two minutes.

His only blemish was as Yank says the overlooking of the dissent of Azpilicueta in pacing out the 10..... and also not forcing the  wall back behind the foam.

You've just brought up an interesting point. Does the clock stop if the trainer does not come onto the pitch?
the ref could not push the wall back behind the foam, as they had scrubbed it out....twice.
It's minor insignificant stuff but it outlines how "top" teams manage the refs. Yes, and you, Stevie G.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5689
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum