Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 May 2017, 4:49 pm

Ramsey with a wonderful curler, 3-1.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 May 2017, 4:50 pm

GOAL - Swansea 2-1 West Brom
Fernando Llorente
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 May 2017, 4:54 pm

Despite playing with 1 extra man for over 75 minutes, we still lose 3-1.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Armchair on Sun 21 May 2017, 5:27 pm

I suppose that shows just how much work there is to do Neutral
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Age : 36
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Armchair on Sun 21 May 2017, 5:30 pm

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "It wasn't good enough. We saw today what we need for the next season. We need more productivity out of possession. That's the difference between us and Arsenal. We did everything to win the game but we had to score in the first half. It was a long time 11 v 10 and a penalty isn't enough."

On Ross Barkley: "He was one of the players who didn't show productivity today. Overall it's not about one player, but I understand why you asked about him. That's what we need to change. We need to find players with more productivity."

How many players does he need next season? "I know everything, that's not for you. The board will back me. We want more quality in. That's what they will support."



Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaking about Ross Barkley's future in his post-match news conference.

"I will speak to the board tomorrow and we will make a statement."
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Age : 36
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 21 May 2017, 5:54 pm

So farewell then Ross. It's a shame, but I'm with the manager on this one, we need better if we have ambitions to kick on and challenge the top 6.

Barkley will definitely feel he has something to prove at his next club, so I hope for his sake they help him discover a footballing brain so he can fulfill his potential.

On the other hand FUCK OFF ROSS YOU USELESS FUCKING MERCENARY!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23368
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 21 May 2017, 6:12 pm

Armchair wrote:Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "It wasn't good enough. We saw today what we need for the next season. We need more productivity out of possession. That's the difference between us and Arsenal. We did everything to win the game but we had to score in the first half. It was a long time 11 v 10 and a penalty isn't enough."

On Ross Barkley: "He was one of the players who didn't show productivity today. Overall it's not about one player, but I understand why you asked about him. That's what we need to change. We need to find players with more productivity."

How many players does he need next season? "I know everything, that's not for you. The board will back me. We want more quality in. That's what they will support."



Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaking about Ross Barkley's future in his post-match news conference.

"I will speak to the board tomorrow and we will make a statement."
Tough love or just tough. I can't see a positive in an efc shirt, for Ross after that assessment.
His own self-estime is going to be hurt by that, and no game-next-week to prove otherwise.
Busy summer ahead.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5688
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Armchair on Sun 21 May 2017, 6:25 pm

I have some sympathy for Ross. He's been lauded as the 'next big thing' by the media since he emerged and has been asked to be our (often only) creative player. He's also had three years of Bobby's 'it doesn't matter if you make mistakes' development strategy to deal with. He's coped well under that pressure, has been a solid (if usually unspectacular performer), and still seems like a down-to-earth sort of bloke.

It's all very well for Koeman to lament a lack of productivity (which is a barely-veiled criticism of Barks), yet he persists starting with Kev (4 goals and 6 assists in 33 games isn't good enough), ships Foo off to Italy and doesn't play Lookman. Oh, and three holding midfielders?

From a business point of view we need to sell Ross if he doesn't sign, I get that. But we'll need a bigger squad next season so even if we sell him, we'll need to sign a direct replacement and a back up too. Makes more sense to offer him a decent contract and keep him, at worst as a cover for Sigurdsson or whoever we sign. However, I suspect the relationship between him and RK has deteriorated to such a point that he won't sign regardless of what wages are on offer., and that is largely RK's fault.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Age : 36
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 21 May 2017, 6:31 pm

Armchair wrote:I have some sympathy for Ross. He's been lauded as the 'next big thing' by the media since he emerged and has been asked to be our (often only) creative player. He's also had three years of Bobby's 'it doesn't matter if you make mistakes' development strategy to deal with. He's coped well under that pressure, has been a solid (if usually unspectacular performer), and still seems like a down-to-earth sort of bloke.

It's all very well for Koeman to lament a lack of productivity (which is a barely-veiled criticism of Barks), yet he persists starting with Kev (4 goals and 6 assists in 33 games isn't good enough), ships Foo off to Italy and doesn't play Lookman. Oh, and three holding midfielders?

From a business point of view we need to sell Ross if he doesn't sign, I get that. But we'll need a bigger squad next season so even if we sell him, we'll need to sign a direct replacement and a back up too. Makes more sense to offer him a decent contract and keep him, at worst as a cover for Sigurdsson or whoever we sign. However, I suspect the relationship between him and RK has deteriorated to such a point that he won't sign regardless of what wages are on offer., and that is largely RK's fault.
Fair comments. I like RK's no nonsense approach but you've got to be a little protective of your players' self estime when dealing with the press. A bit brutal at times.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5688
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 21 May 2017, 7:00 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:I have some sympathy for Ross. He's been lauded as the 'next big thing' by the media since he emerged and has been asked to be our (often only) creative player. He's also had three years of Bobby's 'it doesn't matter if you make mistakes' development strategy to deal with. He's coped well under that pressure, has been a solid (if usually unspectacular performer), and still seems like a down-to-earth sort of bloke.

It's all very well for Koeman to lament a lack of productivity (which is a barely-veiled criticism of Barks), yet he persists starting with Kev (4 goals and 6 assists in 33 games isn't good enough), ships Foo off to Italy and doesn't play Lookman. Oh, and three holding midfielders?

From a business point of view we need to sell Ross if he doesn't sign, I get that. But we'll need a bigger squad next season so even if we sell him, we'll need to sign a direct replacement and a back up too. Makes more sense to offer him a decent contract and keep him, at worst as a cover for Sigurdsson or whoever we sign. However, I suspect the relationship between him and RK has deteriorated to such a point that he won't sign regardless of what wages are on offer., and that is largely RK's fault.
Fair comments. I like RK's no nonsense approach but you've got to be a little protective of your players' self estime when dealing with the press. A bit brutal at times.  

I think we need players in, but there's no point in keeping Ross as cover, he's too young, too big a name, and too expensive for that. I'd rather ship him out and bring Rooney in to do what Barry did for us - a few years of high class footballing brain to keep the whole thing ticking over, and a great mentor for the lads coming through. Any young lad with the desire and capability to LEARN would benefit from playing alongside Wazza. Davies and Rooney in the same team for a year or two would be interesting.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23368
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 May 2017, 8:16 pm

Reading the comments above on Barkley, I would not be too upset if he were to leave. He's rather frustrating to watch, goes down blind alleys all day long and doesn't seem to learn from these mistakes.

I remember when Moyes wouldn't play him because he was a liability. How much has really changed?
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  KoelJagz on Sun 21 May 2017, 10:10 pm

Think our season ended once Pedro scored the first for Chelsea. Badly run out of steam since then. Agreed with the comments above, Koeman needs to be a bit more tactiful when speaking about Ross, especially since Sun/Niteclub affairs. Lukaku once again ran out of ideas towards the end of the season. If the team aren't pushing hard, he disappears. If he is going get him out quick. If he stays, get some competition to push him.
Mixed bad of a season. Good early start, shit for most of winter, decent in spring, poor in run in.

Time for Walshie & Ronny to get busy

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26764
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 22 May 2017, 2:07 am

KoelJagz wrote:Think our season ended once Pedro scored the first for Chelsea. Badly run out of steam since then. Agreed with the comments above, Koeman needs to be a bit more tactiful when speaking about Ross, especially since Sun/Niteclub affairs. Lukaku once again ran out of ideas towards the end of the season. If the team aren't pushing hard, he disappears. If he is going get him out quick. If he stays, get some competition to push him.
Mixed bad of a season. Good early start, shit for most of winter, decent in spring, poor in run in.

Time for Walshie & Ronny to get busy
I actually don't mind Koeman laying down the law. He's an old school manager where he is actually in charge and not the player (agent) under contract. I find it refreshing.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Armchair on Mon 22 May 2017, 7:35 pm

No statement
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Age : 36
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 22 May 2017, 9:16 pm

Armchair wrote:No statement
the statement pen is probably locked away with the transfer pen and they can't find the combination to the safe
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25285
Age : 53
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Albert on Mon 22 May 2017, 10:21 pm

First time in the Emirates. I liked it but those Arsenal fans are bad nuggets aren't they?
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15614
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal (probably reserves) v Everton

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum