Everton V MFK Ružomberok

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Everton V MFK Ružomberok

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

KoelJagz wrote:
Armchair wrote:I thought Baines played ok last night. Not sure I'd write him off just yet. He isn't as effective without Pienaar next to him but that partnership won't be getting back together any time soon.

The rest of them ran around lots to little effect. Sandro looks exciting but has a poor first touch (a direct replacement for Luka).

Agreed. Baines was possibly the most isolated player on the field as we have had no natural width in front of him for a few years now. Every player ahead of him cuts inside to midfield leaving him with no one ahead of him to play off. He doesn't have the pace of Coleman to burn up and down the line but so his effectiveness suffers accordingly. While we can over analyse what was basically a small step up from pre-season friendly pace last night, the player who disappointed me most last night was Schneiderlin. He had little or no impact on the game and lacked any of the urgency of Davies when he came on. But early days.

Agreed on Baines and Schneiderlin. Don't think Schneiderlin is anything to worry about. We certainly need someone ahead on Baines to support and make the most off his ability however.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 8:22 pm

KoelJagz wrote:
Armchair wrote:I thought Baines played ok last night. Not sure I'd write him off just yet. He isn't as effective without Pienaar next to him but that partnership won't be getting back together any time soon.

The rest of them ran around lots to little effect. Sandro looks exciting but has a poor first touch (a direct replacement for Luka).

Agreed. Baines was possibly the most isolated player on the field as we have had no natural width in front of him for a few years now. Every player ahead of him cuts inside to midfield leaving him with no one ahead of him to play off. He doesn't have the pace of Coleman to burn up and down the line but so his effectiveness suffers accordingly. While we can over analyse what was basically a small step up from pre-season friendly pace last night, the player who disappointed me most last night was Schneiderlin. He had little or no impact on the game and lacked any of the urgency of Davies when he came on. But early days.
I was equally disappointed, nay scared, with Martina. Holgate every time until Seamus is back.
Big Luke had a natural presence which was sadly missing all over the pitch last night.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5815
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 9:18 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
KoelJagz wrote:

Agreed on Baines and Schneiderlin. Don't think Schneiderlin is anything to worry about. We certainly need someone ahead on Baines to support and make the most off his ability however.

Perhaps Sigurdsson can do that?
Armchair

Number of posts : 18436
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top