Chelsea V Everton

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chelsea V Everton

Post  Helenqu on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:41 pm

Likewise I expected us to lose but the performance we gave was much stronger than I expected. So pretty happy with that as a baseline.
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4876
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:42 pm

good performance.. looking forward to the Leicester game now.... and I wasn't before.

Push on now with that commitment & we'll soar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33484
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm

That was so much better. Enjoyed the second half, and I reckon we can kick on from here.

Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Sandro and even Keane are going to struggle to get in this side. I thought Davies and Beni in midfield were at least no worse than Gana and Schneids, and in many ways much more positive. I'd like to see Beni impose himself a bit more, but he looked full of potential. Lennon did well and Lookman was very lively when he came on. Perhaps the negative for me was Rooney again who looks off the pace. I'd much prefer DCL leading the line, maybe dropping Rooney into the no 10.

Baines looks much better with a winger in front of him. As does Kenny.

And finally, fuck off Koeman you absolute fucking fraud.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23689

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:47 pm

We were anonymous in the first half but that was a very encouraging second half. Bring on Leicester!
Armchair

Number of posts : 18621
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:50 pm

hairy cataract wrote:That was so much better.  Enjoyed the second half, and I reckon we can kick on from here.

Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Sandro and even Keane are going to struggle to get in this side.  I thought Davies and Beni in midfield were at least no worse than Gana and Schneids, and in many ways much more positive.  I'd like to see Beni impose himself a bit more, but he looked full of potential.  Lennon did well and Lookman was very lively when he came on.  Perhaps the negative for me was Rooney again who looks off the pace. I'd much prefer DCL leading the line, maybe dropping Rooney into the no 10.

Baines looks much better with a winger in front of him.  As does Kenny.

Naw, Keane should be straight back in, with Jags. Williams needs to lose 20lbs, he has a turning circle like one of those crap aircraft carriers. That finished as an honest 4-4-2, but never mind the quality, feel the width. Bang-Em-In and Davies look a decent pairing. I'd like Baines rested though, he needs competition.

mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17222
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON-WALCOTT on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:11 pm

Helenqu wrote:Didn't last long!!

I managed to get on beine sport hd ,better second half, Rooney totally a passenger time to be benched,young Benin looked great in the middle, should brought DCL and Niassie on sooner.
SEFTON-WALCOTT

Number of posts : 9388
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:20 am

mindyerRhinoBwana? wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:That was so much better.  Enjoyed the second half, and I reckon we can kick on from here.

Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Sandro and even Keane are going to struggle to get in this side.  I thought Davies and Beni in midfield were at least no worse than Gana and Schneids, and in many ways much more positive.  I'd like to see Beni impose himself a bit more, but he looked full of potential.  Lennon did well and Lookman was very lively when he came on.  Perhaps the negative for me was Rooney again who looks off the pace. I'd much prefer DCL leading the line, maybe dropping Rooney into the no 10.

Naw, Keane should be straight back in, with Jags. Williams needs to lose 20lbs, he has a turning circle like one of those crap aircraft carriers.  That finished as an honest 4-4-2, but never mind the quality, feel the width.  Bang-Em-In and Davies look a decent pairing. I'd like Baines rested though, he needs competition.

What's the alternative though?
Statman

Number of posts : 7056
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 1:16 am

Naw, Keane should be straight back in, with Jags. Williams needs to lose 20lbs, he has a turning circle like one of those crap aircraft carriers.  That finished as an honest 4-4-2, but never mind the quality, feel the width.  Bang-Em-In and Davies look a decent pairing. I'd like Baines rested though, he needs competition.

So Rhino's first game was to prove that Koeman's choice of summer signings were mostly a waste of money, time and inspiration?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5909
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 9:06 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:

So Rhino's first game was to prove that Koeman's choice of summer signings were mostly a waste of money, time and inspiration?
or to rest them all for the Leicester game... because the prem is clearly the priority ???
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 9:41 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:

I guess we'll find out on Sunday. Did Unsworth pick a "league cup" side last night, giving some of the senior players a rest, or was that an indication of what he sees as Everton's best options going forward? Was it just a taster of the big time for Beni, or does he see him as a genuine contender for a place? I reckon Keane will be back, and so will either Gueye or Schneids, and if he's fit we'll see Vlasic back for Lennon. I doubt if he'll play Rooney up front. But he likes width (and I'm not talking about Rooney's fat arse). So my guess would be
Pickford
Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines
Vlasic Davies Gueye Mirallas
Rooney
DCL

The weakness with that team will be that Kenny benefited from the tracking back and experience of Lennon in front of him, so is it a risk playing two youngsters in tandem on the right? Also Mirallas hasn't played a full 90 minutes since Moses was a lad, so he'll be knackered. Perhaps he should stick Vlasic wide left where he can bomb down the wing rather than cutting in all the time, and keep Lennon out on the right? Or will he bring back Sigurdsson and stick him out on the left?

hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23689

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 10:51 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I guess we'll find out on Sunday.  Did Unsworth pick a "league cup" side last night, giving some of the senior players a rest, or was that an indication of what he sees as Everton's best options going forward?  Was it just a taster of the big time for Beni, or does he see him as a genuine contender for a place?  I reckon Keane will be back, and so will either Gueye or Schneids, and if he's fit we'll see Vlasic back for Lennon.  I doubt if he'll play Rooney up front. But he likes width (and I'm not talking about Rooney's fat arse).  So my guess would be
Pickford
Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines
Vlasic Davies Gueye Mirallas
Rooney
DCL

The weakness with that team will be that Kenny benefited from the tracking back and experience of Lennon in front of him, so is it a risk playing two youngsters in tandem on the right?  Also Mirallas hasn't played a full 90 minutes since Moses was a lad, so he'll be knackered.  Perhaps he should stick Vlasic wide left where he can bomb down the wing rather than cutting in all the time, and keep Lennon out on the right?  Or will he bring back Sigurdsson and stick him out on the left?

Seems like Unsy has started with a clean sheet. Whether you're academy or big signing, he'll pick the best line up?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5909
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:42 pm

Shouldn't Rudiger have been sent off? He feigned the head injury (ref agreed he was faking as he didn't stop play) and then flattered Kev. That's two bookable offences not one...although I appreciate we'll never get that sort of decision in our favour against the Sky 6.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 1:30 pm

Armchair wrote:Shouldn't Rudiger have been sent off? He feigned the head injury (ref agreed he was faking as he didn't stop play) and then flattered Kev. That's two bookable offences not one...although I appreciate we'll never get that sort of decision in our favour against the Sky 6.
what did he say ... oooh your hair is nice today Kev... or I like your ample thighs king

Laughing
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 4:28 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:Shouldn't Rudiger have been sent off? He feigned the head injury (ref agreed he was faking as he didn't stop play) and then flattered Kev. That's two bookable offences not one...although I appreciate we'll never get that sort of decision in our favour against the Sky 6.
what did he say ... oooh your hair is nice today Kev... or I like your ample thighs king

Laughing

Damn predictive text
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Laughing

Damn predictive text

lol!
The President

Number of posts : 11513
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down