Olympique Lyonnais v Everton

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olympique Lyonnais v Everton

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:28 am

UEFA Europa League Group stage
Thursday 2nd November 2017, 18:00
Stade des Lumières, Décines-Charpieu

A must win for Everton to stay in contention in the group.  A dogs of war approach is needed from now on, so get your sleeves rolled up lads!

Qui est putain Lyon de toute façon !!

SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3919
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympique Lyonnais v Everton

Post  Statman on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:37 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:UEFA Europa League Group stage
Thursday 2nd November 2017, 18:00
Stade des Lumières, Décines-Charpieu

A must win for Everton to stay in contention in the group.  A dogs of war approach is needed from now on, so get your sleeves rolled up lads!

Qui est putain Lyon de toute façon !!

Can't see anything else but a defeat here. Maybe a good thing going forward.
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:12 pm

Let's hope the Lyon sleeps tomorrow night... a whim away a whim away, etc.

0-0 to Everton. Rooney to show us what he's made of... and everyone else will avoid getting him on their shoes.
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:13 pm

3-0 Lyon
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:01 pm

5-0 Everton
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

Super wrote:5-0 Everton

Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:20 pm

Slightly past caring to be honest.  It's all about the league for the moment.  Probably be good to lose this so we know where we are, can concentrate on what's important etc
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:24 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Slightly past caring to be honest.  It's all about the league for the moment.  Probably be good to lose this so we know where we are, can concentrate on what's important etc

It's good experience for the younger players though...it gives them experience of losing in a European competition as well as in the Premier League Very Happy
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:39 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Slightly past caring to be honest.  It's all about the league for the moment.  Probably be good to lose this so we know where we are, can concentrate on what's important etc

It's good experience for the younger players though...it gives them experience of losing in a European competition as well as in the Premier League Very Happy
Maybe we should give the fans a go, give them some experience of losing as well... oh hang on, we get that every week Sad
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:48 pm

Absolute last chance to salvage something from ....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:33 pm

We'll get thumped. 3-0 Lyon.
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2216
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 5:05 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:We'll get thumped. 3-0 Lyon.
I don't know, I've got a feeling that we are stronger now, and hopefully Unsworth is learning fast, so now I'm leaning towards 1-0, a goal at the far post scored by the ghost of Dave Hickson
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

Everton's Wayne Rooney, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka and Michael Keane have not travelled to Lyon for Thursday's crucial Europa League match.

Keane has a foot injury and the other three have been rested, while academy defender Morgan Feeney is in the squad.

"We just wanted to freshen it up, with one eye on Sunday," caretaker manager David Unsworth said, referring to the league game against Watford.

The Toffees could be knocked out of the competition if they lose. Defeat in the Group E game coupled with Atalanta avoiding defeat at Apollon Limassol would see the Premier League club eliminated.

"We have an uphill task, but it's not impossible. We'll give everything to win," added Unsworth.

"The Europa League is very important to us because we've got 3,000 Evertonians coming to watch us tomorrow.

"It's important to me and important to the players. I'll pick a team to win the game and I know the lads will do everything they can to win it as well.

"Every time you pull on the shirt for this great club, it's important to win. We want to do it for our fans."
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 9:13 pm

Super wrote:Everton's Wayne Rooney, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka and Michael Keane have not travelled to Lyon for Thursday's crucial Europa League match.

Keane has a foot injury and the other three have been rested, while academy defender Morgan Feeney is in the squad.

"We just wanted to freshen it up, with one eye on Sunday," caretaker manager David Unsworth said, referring to the league game against Watford.

The Toffees could be knocked out of the competition if they lose.  Defeat in the Group E game coupled with Atalanta avoiding defeat at Apollon Limassol would see the Premier League club eliminated.

"We have an uphill task, but it's not impossible. We'll give everything to win," added Unsworth.

"The Europa League is very important to us because we've got 3,000 Evertonians coming to watch us tomorrow.

"It's important to me and important to the players. I'll pick a team to win the game and I know the lads will do everything they can to win it as well.

"Every time you pull on the shirt for this great club, it's important to win. We want to do it for our fans."
he's talking in soundbites, that's not a good sign
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:31 pm

Super wrote:Everton's Wayne Rooney, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka and Michael Keane have not travelled to Lyon for Thursday's crucial Europa League match.

The Toffees could be knocked out of the competition if they lose.  Defeat in the Group E game coupled with Atalanta avoiding defeat at Apollon Limassol would see the Premier League club eliminated.

He's obviously given up any hope of getting through the group stage.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:39 pm

Armchair wrote:

He's obviously given up any hope of getting through the group stage.
he's not the only one Neutral
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33363

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

Resting the old fuckers apart from Williams. I'm guessing that means Williams plays this evening but not on Sunday.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 10:46 am

hairy cataract wrote:

Resting the old fuckers apart from Williams.  I'm guessing that means Williams plays this evening but not on Sunday.

Apparently Don King insisted he should play....
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8521
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 3:09 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Resting the old fuckers apart from Williams.  I'm guessing that means Williams plays this evening but not on Sunday.

Apparently Don King insisted he should play....

lol! damn, came here to post something along those lines. Well played Judge
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

any win is a good win.
you don't want players thinking it's ok to lose.
Let's get out there and get one hell of a lucky win, padre.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5868
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:17 pm

I'm pissed off with Unsy. I know we are shit and the Watford game is important, but he's basically given up on getting a result against Lyon. They're a good team but if we can beat them (I know Shocked ) we'll blow the group wide open.  Baines, Jags and Rooney might be over 30 but they are still very good players. Rooney is our only top scorer. What sort of a message does it send to the other players if we are leaving our first choice forward and left back, plus the club captain, at home? We seem to be giving up without a fight No
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:10 pm

WTF is this line up?
I know we're low on strikers, but how about playing at least 1?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5868
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:13 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:WTF is this line up?
I know we're low on strikers, but how about playing at least 1?
I like it. Who the fuck needs strikers anyway! We've basically playing four defenders, three defensive mids, a number ten and two wingers. It's the future.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:19 pm

It's the return of Moyes' patented 4-6-0 formation!
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

Team;

Pickford, Kenny, Williams, Hollgate, Martina, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Baningime, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Lookman

so its a defensive midfield, with Lookman upfront and Siggi in the hole and Lennon on the wing.

Not a bad side, looks like Unys will be fixing Marina at RB with Lennon in front of him and on the left wing allowing Kenney to run forward with Beni dropping back to cover?
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top